Wiki Posts
Search

Pro Line Caliber SC tire.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDezPirate
In my option, they call it short course trucks... so I think that the tires should be similar to what these 1:1 scale truck uses.. those tires that nothing matches the real full scale is kinda like not experiencing the real racing of short course world.
the new maxxis tires that come with the blitz are nothing like real sc trucks. and these tires would be super skinny like buggy front wheels if they were to use true 1:10 scale

but i see what you mean. id say true tread would be similar in scale to bowties. what do you think?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

uhmm.. true dat that the sc real trucks has wider rear tires to grab better traction in a hard and dry tracks. But sometimes they do run all same size for an muddy condition.. the narrow tires works best in mud. I build offroad race trucks for living, and its not much same as short course.. so.. we always run all same size.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

SWEET TIRES!!! When are the Red Short Course BK Bars and ribbed fronts coming? Now all it needs are some fluorescent yellow dish wheels and a giant wing on the back....

Sad to see that aftermarket companies are doing to the slash what they did to the T-maxx(Truggies). I know they are just giving customers what they want, but people too easily forget what drew them to certain classes in the first place (low cost, limited power/traction, power slides, scale realism, etc.)
Old 10-06-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

not everybody races spec and options are good,the scale look is was brought me back to rc and was fun for a minute but as you want to upgrade power you lose traction and thats where these come in,once i mounted a pair of bowties on the rear of my slash i still had the scale look and handling but now had the traction to go with it which made it more fun and drivable and able to clear certain doubles and power out of corners at my track with the stock motor,something i couldnt do with stock tires.So keep and replace your spec tires when they wear out if you want or upgrade to more traction for the same price,everyone's happy

Last edited by airwoods; 10-06-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

Many of you... are forgetting One Key Element. This is RACING! In "Racing" people try to find ways to go FASTER, and to get their trucks to handle BETTER! If you want to stay "Spec", then by all means, buy a Slash, and hang out with the other hard headed "Spec" guys. The rest of us want to race, and we'll use the best equipment we can get in order to compete at the top level.

Point being: Don't like them?... don't use them. We will... in stead, you can continue sliding all over the place, looking "scale".

I for one am happy to see more tire options. Our SCT class is limited to 13.5, and SCT style tires. Even with brushless, lipo, aftermarket tires, etc... Guess who wins with "what", every time he comes out... yup, a Bone Stock SLASH! You can't spec skill.

Case in point:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And another with mixed trucks, tires, etc... Couple of these guys are running old, brushed stock motors!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

So even if you "Think" someone has an advantage... that doesn't mean they can use it.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I love that shot of my yellow one riding the rail on the start. I must have rubbed that thing everyu other lap or so. I just couldn't get it hooked up there.

Stephen
Old 10-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by toobad4u
I love that shot of my yellow one riding the rail on the start. I must have rubbed that thing everyu other lap or so. I just couldn't get it hooked up there.

Stephen
You had a fan! "Go Yellow!"
Old 10-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crawler
Besides, spec class is like watching paint dry.
And all this time they called me crazy and said the spec was fast and fun
Old 10-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nickd18
And all this time they called me crazy and said the spec was fast and fun
Only if the "Spec" is for 19T/13.5 or better, 2S lipo, etc... All this 17.5 and 6 cell nimh crap is BORING! You might as well get a junk car from wally world and play with it in your living room.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Awesome Tires. Run them on my electric buggy- great hookup.

Short course should be limited to run the same model tire front and rear... All Calibers, all goosebumps etc

Ribbed tires illegal

Too bad i can use these on my mod slash lol...
Old 10-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Brushlessboy16
Awesome Tires. Run them on my electric buggy- great hookup.

Short course should be limited to run the same model tire front and rear... All Calibers, all goosebumps etc

Ribbed tires illegal

Too bad i can use these on my mod slash lol...
Why? Why would you limit where and how people use the tires that are approved for the class? Even if you make the fast guys use a slower combo, you are STILL that much slower, and will lose anyway. How about go back to the soccer games with no score, so nobody has to "Feel" bad about losing.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

whats the caliber part #? (Prolines site is acting funny for my browser)
Old 10-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cain
It's not your browser, it's the site. I can't get to anything but the splash page. I was there earlier today, ready to order some of them. Hit a snag and held off. Give it time, it may come back up on its own, or they'll find out about it tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
M2 1156-01
M3 1156-02