Wiki Posts
Search

Added 2 trucks to the list today

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Added 2 trucks to the list today

Ordered a Traxxas Slash and E-Revo, should be getting them within the week. I bought the Slash new and am keeping it stock so I can race it (local tracks here have stock Slash classes). I got the E-Revo used on ebay for $285 shipped, plan on doing a bunch of mods to it.

Any suggestions on the E-Revo as far as mods? I'll be swapping in a brushless system eventually, but am more concerned about getting the suspension set up correctly first, then adding more power (just like you would a real car). So far I have 2 Checkpoint 3200 2S Lipos and a Tactic 2.4 radio. I'll be switching to the brushless edition sized wheels (not exactly sure what size they are right now, but I know they are different) and some better performance tires. Any suggestions on tires for running in short grass and dirt (ex: park, baseball field, ect). Any other must have mods (like aluminum shock caps?)

Thanks for any advice, pics coming as soon as they get here
Old 09-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

More toys = More fun!!!

I highly recommend you NOT running your E-Revo on grass. Grass finds its way onto axles and drivetrains and fouls it up...

For tires, I have no idea, I don't even know what type of wheels Revo uses...

Not sure if your'e buying a new brushless system for your E-Revo, I'd go for either the Castle MMM V2 with 2200Kv motor, or if you still have some cash left, the Tekin 1/8th system. Tekin's stuff is slick...
Old 09-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
More toys = More fun!!!

I highly recommend you NOT running your E-Revo on grass. Grass finds its way onto axles and drivetrains and fouls it up...

For tires, I have no idea, I don't even know what type of wheels Revo uses...

Not sure if your'e buying a new brushless system for your E-Revo, I'd go for either the Castle MMM V2 with 2200Kv motor, or if you still have some cash left, the Tekin 1/8th system. Tekin's stuff is slick...
Ha, I bought it mainly to have something to play around in the snow with (Illinois sucks in the winter). I do have a giant back yard though, and figured I would probably be running it around back there messing with the dogs. I'll keep an eye out for debris on the drivetrain.

Im up in the air about which brushless system to go with. Sure, Castle is the Cadiallac of brushless systems, and they are Made In America, but I dont know if I can justify dropping the $$$ on one. Knowing me, I will probably find a brushless system out of something unrelated to RC and make it work. I might just keep it brushed for the snow, its hard to say.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Captain
Ha, I bought it mainly to have something to play around in the snow with (Illinois sucks in the winter). I do have a giant back yard though, and figured I would probably be running it around back there messing with the dogs. I'll keep an eye out for debris on the drivetrain.

Im up in the air about which brushless system to go with. Sure, Castle is the Cadiallac of brushless systems, and they are Made In America, but I dont know if I can justify dropping the $$$ on one. Knowing me, I will probably find a brushless system out of something unrelated to RC and make it work. I might just keep it brushed for the snow, its hard to say.
Castle is the cheapest out of all the ones out there, Novak, Tekin, LRP, and etc...

Tekin is definitely the bling-bling of the ESC world. Castle's stuffs are pretty reliable though. However, I've only used their Mamba Max (not the MONSTER Mamba Max) for the 1/10th application. Might want to jump onto an 1/8 scale buggy thread to ask around...
Old 09-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Got my slash today, it has the J. Whelchel body on it. Its a lot of fun, I can see why they have sold so many of them!

Last edited by The Captain; 09-23-2009 at 10:01 PM.