Wiki Posts
Search

Caster SC

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
why must truggies be dropped? better yet why do people dislike them so much? just wondering
Some people feel they look fugly do to how out of scale they look.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
But we sell truggies and our electric ones are moving at a decent pace. I personally would drop them in a heartbeat to pick up a sc line, but the international market dictates that truggy sales are here to stay and that SC trucks are pretty much US based as of right now.

I would love to make these.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...o+shack+yamaha
Caster is missing the boat, the company should be a trend setter and because the SC class is still relatively new it would be an opportunity to prove it makes a great product in a new segment as everyone in the segment is fighting to be the king of the hill.

I'm not a big truggy fan, the new Losi truggy looks silly with the elongated body. Plus, why would I buy a truggy when there is the SC8e... and for those thinking of buying one, get one! They are awesome and very realistic...

Sadly I know the answer, it's an expensive truck, no other manufacturers are jumping into the SC8 mix, and the 1/8 brushless systems are still going though growing pains, etc...
Old 09-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain

The SC10 class isn't a fad but the SC8 is going to be if another manufacturer doesn't step in...

Losi should jump into the SC8e mix and drop the truggy...Associated also needs to double up it's effort to promote the SC8 and get it sold...
Old 09-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DraftDriver
The SC10 class isn't a fad but the SC8 is going to be if another manufacturer doesn't step in...

Losi should jump into the SC8e mix and drop the truggy...Associated also needs to double up it's effort to promote the SC8 and get it sold...
I think the 8th scale SCTin the electric version should just be allowed to die out on its own. I don't really see the point for an 1/8 th scale electric version. Just make the 1/8th scale in nitro and let it be that. There already is the slayer and the sc8 for the guys that like the scale feel and want nitro. I don't see the reason for a 1/8th scale electric
Old 09-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
while this may be true I don't see the need to kill any class I think the more the better. heck I wish there was a monster truck class still going around here in southern cali cause they're fun to drive. I guess I like rc too much to want to rid the local tracks of any classes but that's Just me. The SC Class hopefully continues to grow and even more people pick them up
Old 09-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
while this may be true I don't see the need to kill any class I think the more the better. heck I wish there was a monster truck class still going around here in southern cali cause they're fun to drive. I guess I like rc too much to want to rid the local tracks of any classes but that's Just me. The SC Class hopefully continues to grow and even more people pick them up

It seems the SC8 class is teetering, I have not seen a Slayer run anywhere over the past year and I rarely see them at the hobby shop. I think there is only one other guy at our local track that runs an SC8.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
Edited out my un-nicey remark... lol

Never said you can't have your opinion.

Are you SERIOUSLY going to argue that the SCTs look retarded? But 2wd stadium trucks don't? REALLY? Wow... that's the one thing that pretty much everyone agrees on... SCTs look awesome on the track, just like a real corr truck. And YES (unlike a 2wd truck) they are completely different on the track than a 2wd buggy!!!! OMG... I give up
Wait...isnt that my opinion
And truggies are way better looking then sct's Wow SERIOUSLY, REALLY?
If you want scale buy a crawler to while your at it
Old 09-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

OK, the Caster truggy isn't going anywhere....lol. So no one panic.

As for the electric sc8? why not? there will be electric truggy classes coming soon as we are on the forefront of it. We have electric guys racing with nitro guys and they are winning. It will convert more people over. It sucks losing the sound and smell, but it is so nice to just plug and play on the electric side of things.

If it matters, I have a Newage Berg crawler and I put a scale body on it. At RCCrawler.com, that is almost as bad as putting a Losi sticker on a Team Associated car...
Old 09-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

DraftDriver, find me 17mm wheels and tires and you can have your competitor. Maybe someone is making them by now.... Last I knew the sc8 was 14mm?
Old 09-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

17mm wheels now made by aka
on neobuggy today
Old 09-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hakmazter
DraftDriver, find me 17mm wheels and tires and you can have your competitor. Maybe someone is making them by now.... Last I knew the sc8 was 14mm?
Hak, the SC8's wheels have allways been 17mm......The wheel excuse is officially gone.Now make the freakin' truck.LOL..........Your SC truck was originally gonna be buggy based so why don't you put your brushless in it with a Slash type body and call it 1/10 scale 4x4 shortcourse.Ofna's doing it and I'm sure the Caster will smoke that truck.Seriously, I think that class(1/10th 4x4 shortcourse) is gonna blowup...1/8th scale shortcourse (truggy chassis)should be left nitro.My Caster k8t based shortcourse just destroys the SC8's and other homebuilt trucks.1/8th scale shortcourse = truggy chassis and nitro engines.........................I hope your sending your fast guys to the Roar Electric Nationals.It's one hella opportunity to put your company on the map.I'll look for them in the A..Good luck.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I don't understand whats wrong with sc8s. I love mine and wish other manufacturers would step up and have a great SC class running 4s lipos w/ 4wd. Its a great chassis that handles amazingly and has power to push it. Someone needs to jump on
Old 09-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CBHVR6
I don't understand whats wrong with sc8s. I love mine and wish other manufacturers would step up and have a great SC class running 4s lipos w/ 4wd. Its a great chassis that handles amazingly and has power to push it. Someone needs to jump on
The SC8e is a great truck, maybe Losi is scarred to build it - can't out due AE LOL... Lets taunt them to build one LOL, I'm sure they would build a great SCT.

Nothing is wrong with the SC8, talk is cheap, and until a better truck shows up at the SC nationals there is nothing to listen too or talk about.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

I wish all the major players would just forget about 1/8 sct and just have 4 different 1/10 scalers. A stock rtr 2wd, which they mostly already have and a "factory team/pro" kit 2wd. Then the same for 4wd, but base them off of the most current 1/8 buggy platforms, with the rtr's brushless and the "pro versions set up to go either brushless or nitro and race them as one class.
With the size of the 1/10's already so large and capable on a 1/8 track I don't see the need or advantage of a truggy based 1/8 sct.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

^ Yeah i guess i understand where you are coming from. Price is a big factor too. Spec Slash- under 200. SC8E kit- 350-400, when your said and done your are at about 1k. But i still prefer it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.