Wiki Posts
Search

New BL Electric MT from Vantage Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default New BL Electric MT from Vantage Racing

Hey everyone-

The guys that make the carbon fiber chassis for the Revo and all of the CF pipes are coming out with a 1/10 scale monster truck. They are trying to have it out for the Christmas rush and are looking for any and all feedback they can get.

Details--
It comes with a 540 size 4000Kv Brushless motor
No battery included, but fits 7.2 - 8.4 NiMh or 2S 7.4v Lipo. You can also put a 3S 11.1v lipo in and change the motor to a 3000Kv for more top speed.
Differentials are sealed and tunable with silicone fluid
Uses Jato/HPI MT2 tires with 17mm hexes

The target street price will be around $350.

Well, what do you think? How does it look? What's wrong with it / what's right with it?

THANKS!

Last edited by CBlake; 09-29-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Looks good to me
Old 09-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks.

I think it might make a good spec racer since the motor and ESC are included. Going into winter, there are alot of tracks that can't take the big trucks that probably could run these.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

possibility of a longer chassis for corr bodies?parts availalabilty.some parts look a little like the gs 1/10.maybe aluminum steering knuckles. possibiltity of 17mm adapters for 1/8 buggy tires,which would also go well with the longer chassis...hmmm... 540 ,2s 1/8 buggy?that would be awesome!,but a bit different from what i am looking at.an adjustable rack mounted servo saver?cant see the axle bearing sizes,but most 1/10 use smallish bearings,so larger axle/wheel bearings are a welcome sight for me.

overall ,the truck looks good.you just kind of got my wish list!ive seen several debates about the 4wd 1/10 trucks,and i still wonder why they arent more of them.some of my veiws are to make the truck into something it might not be targeted for.i figured that if someone was listening,id at least give my opinion!
Old 09-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Good suggestions. CORR is definately hot right now, but it's probably too late in the development to make that possible. I'll pass along your suggestions.

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That looks great. Sign me up.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'll put you on the list!
Old 09-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

A Revo is a 1/10 MT, that is far from a Revo and for only $100 less I would definitely have to pass. Even though the twin Titans are garbage.
Do you get the option from the factory to take the 3,000kv motor instead? What kind of specs does the ESC have? Did they design, manufacture it themselves or contract it out like Traxxas did with their BL Revo?

I can't at all see a whole class being built around this truck but definitely will look forward to seeing some pics of people choppin this thing up until you can't recognize it. CORR conversion sounds great and not that hard.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

No, the truck will only come with the 4000 kv motor as far as I know. I will get more specs on the ESC. What are you looking for?

I agree with you on the race class. That's why I said possibly a spec class. This truck does have massive potential for the hobbyist at $350 even if people do "chop this thing up until you can't recognize it".
Old 09-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Looks more like an E MT2 too me , you even have a nitro MT2 in the pic with it ....

If Vantage is gonna put this out then it sould have a trick molded tub C/F chassis and other trick parts , that all looks pretty ordinary too me .

Sorry , just my honest opinion .....
Old 09-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

I appreciate the honesty.

Yeah, that's to show the scale of the truck. This one should be much more durable and have the ease of Brushless power.

They have promised me there will be many option parts in the future including a Carbon Fiber chassis.

I have some more information and pictures!

I asked if they had thought about a Short Course type truck and the said they had and are considering making shorter suspension arms and new Short Course Truck body in the future, but the first truck will be like this. I'd say that's promising.

The other thing they wanted to stress is that this will be 1/10 scale rather than 1/8 scale because an 1/8 electric will be too heavy and too expensive with the electric hardware at this time. This sounds like they are very interested in durability rather than just hurrying to get a sub-par truck out to the public.

Now, for the new pictures.

Last edited by CBlake; 09-29-2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It looks like a nice truck, and there isn't much to choose from in 1/10 4wd trucks. The old HPI mt was a disaster and the only other one that comes to mind is the Academy... so this isn't a bad option, imo.

But there's no way it's going to see the track as a class of it's own. At my track, we would let kids run it in novice class, and maybe with the other 1/10 trucks for club racing. If someone converts it to a SC truck, then it might run with SCT or the new ofna 4wd SCT.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, I agree. Although, with the 17mm hexes, racers could pick one up and have lots of tire options to run on the track with it.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

The truck definitely looks cool but I still don't understand how it got the "MT" classification???

It looks like a 4 wheel drive Jato.

Those tires don't come close to capturing what I think a MT should have.
I really do like the look and although it's unlikely I will buy one, I am looking forward to seeing one at the track.

I too would hope for some custom Vantage CF pieces on a Vantage truck. Kinda like their ability to showcase the products. I understand it would leave less room for aftermarket profits but it's hard to break into a scene dominated by Traxxas, Losi, AE who have 20+ years in the game. If they are looking to grab market share I would assume a more striking vehicle would be required to do it.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

I believe they are using the "MT" because of the HPI MT2. It definately isn't a MT like the Revo or truggys.

They will be coming out with a CF chassis in the future, but they need to get this truck launched first. It is their first time making their own truck. I'm not sure the other companies have an RC that competes directly with the Vantage truck, but they do have name recognition and years of support to back them up.

I'll pass your comments along to Vantage. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.