Community
Wiki Posts
Search

shipping time from hobby king .com

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Anyone have a guide on what to resolder on these batteries? Just ordered some for my dad today.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Addict

My Hobby King order took just under 3 weeks, but I used the regular cheap air shipping. FUnny thing is, it said "Processing" on the web page for over 2 weeks, then when I got the notice it was shipped, I had the box in my hands in just 4 business days. Not too bad at all. I got 2 of the Turnigy 4S 4500 30C hard cased packs for my 1/8 electric and their 4 output charger. So far I am very happy with the performance of all three items, but they have not had a workout yet.

The build quality on the packs could be a bit better, but there is nothing wrong with the soldering. The one thing I really don't like is that the cells are a little loose in the hard shell. You can hear them slap around if you shake it, this is not good. My battery tray was a little tight and when I test fit on of the packs, the bottom of the hard shell actually popped off. This actually turned out to be a sorta good thing. Now I can pad the tab end of the cells and add some hot melt glue to keep them from slapping around in there.

There is a PC board connecting the tabs together, which normally would mean fairly weak connections, but that is not the case here. The PC board is only acting as a guide to keep the cell tabs where they need to be. For the connections between cells, the two tabs are directly soldered to each other, and the pair is also soldered to a pad on the board so it can't move. The end connections are also soldered down to the PC board, but the tab is also wrapped around the lead out wire, in this case a fat #10 fine strand wire, nice touch.

I am very impressed with the performance. I saw over 118 amps with only 1 volts of drop which works out to a total pack internal resistance of just 0.0084 ohms. This is the best voltage under load I have seen yet, pumping out over 1800 watts from a 4S pack. I started another thread where I will report the full test results when I get a chance to run these things a few cycles and down to LVC. I will also try to get a few pics of the internal wiring before I seal it back up. I hope I can get the other open this easy to glue the cels so it does not move also.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just a quick review for all the guys that bought the cheap cells.

Answer honestly now....

How are they working for you? Have you had to do anything unusual to them to keep them going?
Old 06-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

I had a Turnigy 5000mah 4S 30-40C and I was impressed. It was a soft case, I treated it with care, but never had a problem, for the price, you can't go wrong! Even the balancer leads are durable wires, not like li-power's. I'm going to pick up another one along with a blue bird servo.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Guess I'm one of the few having a bad experience with their shipping. Ordered May 22 with the EMS 4-5 day shipping and still haven't gotten them. Finally got a working tracking number yesterday, though.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have bought a few things from them. And everything i have bought have been top quality.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I've used the Turnigy/Zippy's for over a year now with no problems, great results. The only problem now is Hong Kong post no longer allows shipping by air of LiPo's. So don't bother with EMS shipping, just go the less expensive route and wait.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I've ordered 2x and used Express both times. Both orders left HK in within 48hrs and I received them within another 5 days. 1 Turnigy isn't balanced very well but it runs fine and hasn't worsened any.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Just a quick review for all the guys that bought the cheap cells.

Answer honestly now....

How are they working for you? Have you had to do anything unusual to them to keep them going?
I have 2 of the 4500 4S hardcased packs that I race in a 1/8 MP777 WC. The batteries have run really good until recently. I've had them for about 2 months or a little more. Today I had a problem with one of them...I think something came unsoldered inside the case. I thought my ESC had fryed or something...I put in the other pack and it was fine. Now with my other pack I've noticed the balance has gone out on it a little...last charge I did today at the track it balanced out at 4.19 - 4.18 - 4.19 - 4.18. That's the closest it's been to all 4.19 in about 10 charges. I do run the packs hard though...running with a 2200 cc motor geared pretty aggressively.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

The 4 cell 4500 Turnigy hardcases work well in my car. Don't even get warm. Tekin 1900 isn't much load.

Seems that HK is having trouble shipping, my paid order of instock products , 3 - 5800 4s 25c Tunigys, has been sitting in "processing" since 6-1-10.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
The 4 cell 4500 Turnigy hardcases work well in my car. Don't even get warm. Tekin 1900 isn't much load.

Seems that HK is having trouble shipping, my paid order of instock products , 3 - 5800 4s 25c Tunigys, has been sitting in "processing" since 6-1-10.
Damn, I placed an order Thursday and it shipped yesterday, guess I'm lucky (better lucky than good eh). I'm running the same Batts and motor in my 1/8 and they've never been warm to the touch.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know "about" How long would this take?

-International (Registered) Air Mail 501-750g $14.99
Old 06-14-2010, 01:15 AM
Tech Addict

My order took 3 weeks from time of placing it until it was on my door step. I had to get it the next day though, as it required a signature and noone was home. That was a bit more than I hoped, but it was the normal shipping, not the EMS, and it was also right when they built their new larger warehouse, and I did get 2 e-mails about the new warehouse and they were sorry for the delay.

The performance of the packs (Turnigy 4S 4500 30C hard case) was amazing. The case quality, not so much. The hard case on both has the seem right above the Losi battery tray, and this also happens to line up fairly close with the gap between the bottom cell and the rest of the pack. I crashed the car EXTREMELY hard, and it sheered the pack at the seem. The top 3 cells moved over 3/4 inch forward without the forth cell, except they were all soldered at the tab end to a circuit board, so guess what happened? The bottom cell was crushed to 1/2 inch shorter than it was when new. It even split the cell wrap. Funny thing is, I didn't notice. The car was still performing great after the impact, I ran it to LVC, probably 8 minutes past the worst of the wrecks and didn't notice anything until I pulled the car and removed the body, OH CRAP!!! I have sincle moulded the cell back into shape, and wrapped it with tape to seal it up where it tore, and it took over a 3800 mah charge, and has run since and still performs. I am very leery of it, but it still runs cool and makes gobs of power. The other pack, on closer examination also sheared in the same way, but not as bad, the bottom cell only had minor buckling, and no rupture, so it is still running perfect. For the $39 per pack I paid, I can not complain one bit. I will order another pair and relegate the bad crushed one to practice and testing only. And on the new ones, I will be wrapping the case with filiment tape before I race them. I may also add a fiberglass plank inside so it can't shear. Part of the blame is the low sided Losi battery tray.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:51 AM
Tech Champion

Have you stuffed your tray with dense foam to prevent the battery from sliding around?
Old 06-14-2010, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GSMnow
My order took 3 weeks from time of placing it until it was on my door step. I had to get it the next day though, as it required a signature and noone was home. That was a bit more than I hoped, but it was the normal shipping, not the EMS, and it was also right when they built their new larger warehouse, and I did get 2 e-mails about the new warehouse and they were sorry for the delay.

The performance of the packs (Turnigy 4S 4500 30C hard case) was amazing. The case quality, not so much. The hard case on both has the seem right above the Losi battery tray, and this also happens to line up fairly close with the gap between the bottom cell and the rest of the pack. I crashed the car EXTREMELY hard, and it sheered the pack at the seem. The top 3 cells moved over 3/4 inch forward without the forth cell, except they were all soldered at the tab end to a circuit board, so guess what happened? The bottom cell was crushed to 1/2 inch shorter than it was when new. It even split the cell wrap. Funny thing is, I didn't notice. The car was still performing great after the impact, I ran it to LVC, probably 8 minutes past the worst of the wrecks and didn't notice anything until I pulled the car and removed the body, OH CRAP!!! I have sincle moulded the cell back into shape, and wrapped it with tape to seal it up where it tore, and it took over a 3800 mah charge, and has run since and still performs. I am very leery of it, but it still runs cool and makes gobs of power. The other pack, on closer examination also sheared in the same way, but not as bad, the bottom cell only had minor buckling, and no rupture, so it is still running perfect. For the $39 per pack I paid, I can not complain one bit. I will order another pair and relegate the bad crushed one to practice and testing only. And on the new ones, I will be wrapping the case with filiment tape before I race them. I may also add a fiberglass plank inside so it can't shear. Part of the blame is the low sided Losi battery tray.
Like was just said stuff your tray with whatever thickness dense foam you need and wrap the seams. I did both and haven't had any trouble.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.