R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Hotwire Help (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/326369-hotwire-help.html)

poncec23 09-10-2009 07:38 AM

Hotwire Help

ok soi just got thetekin hot wire and rx8 yesterday. i took it home and installed the software on my laptop and hooked up the rx8 to it to just check it out. then the computer would not bring it up. the lights are flashing correctly and everything. so i swaped out for my rs that has been previously programed and it came up but i got a LONG error message i hit continue and it went to the setup portion. so what is up with my RX8? i reset the computer, uninstalled the software and reinstalled. but i havent hooked up the esc wires yet or did the inital radio setup will that do it? anyhelp ould be great,

fullsyzz 09-10-2009 04:09 PM

I had similar issues. My first problem was using a PC with Vista 64....that won't work. 2nd issue was not using the latest Hotwire software from Tekin's site. The disk that came with my Hotwire was an old version and wouldn't recognize the RX8. It would work with the FXR in my crawler but not the RX8. Try installing the latest version of software from Tekin.

rwhisen 09-10-2009 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by poncec23 (Post 6325715)
ok soi just got thetekin hot wire and rx8 yesterday. i took it home and installed the software on my laptop and hooked up the rx8 to it to just check it out. then the computer would not bring it up. the lights are flashing correctly and everything. so i swaped out for my rs that has been previously programed and it came up but i got a LONG error message i hit continue and it went to the setup portion. so what is up with my RX8? i reset the computer, uninstalled the software and reinstalled. but i havent hooked up the esc wires yet or did the inital radio setup will that do it? anyhelp ould be great,

Make sure your ESC is plugged into the Hotwire otherwise it won't work. Install the latest version of the program downloaded from the Tekin site.

xDaRReLLx87 09-10-2009 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by rwhisen (Post 6327650)
Make sure your ESC is plugged into the Hotwire otherwise it won't work. Install the latest version of the program downloaded from the Tekin site.

I thought the program had a check for updates function?

rwhisen 09-10-2009 05:00 PM

It does however if it never gets to that point it won't do it....

The program starts, looks for the ESC then checks for updates.

xDaRReLLx87 09-10-2009 09:02 PM

Mine says no new updates found!!

First you load the program.
Then you can hit check for updates
it looks up site with a graphic similar
to the design of the RS ESC
then says no new updates found

then later it says can't find hot wire connection

I just did it

flame56mx 09-10-2009 09:16 PM

you can check what version you are running, you may already have the current version, that may be why you get "no new updates found" ?

xDaRReLLx87 09-10-2009 09:22 PM

I have the new version, I can assure you :)

BAMBAM cheapsk8 09-11-2009 04:02 AM

I had to manually download and install the latest. It wouldnt auto update, it just said it had the latest software. It wouldnt recognise the RX8 but would program an RSpro. After I did it manually it was all go.

Tekin is great gear, I love mine, runs excellent.

xDaRReLLx87 09-11-2009 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by BAMBAM cheapsk8 (Post 6329858)
I had to manually download and install the latest. It wouldnt auto update, it just said it had the latest software. It wouldnt recognise the RX8 but would program an RSpro. After I did it manually it was all go.

Tekin is great gear, I love mine, runs excellent.

Yes, but even the download said that :D