Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New Front Axle Fits B4 And X - 6 Sq. >

New Front Axle Fits B4 And X - 6 Sq.

New Front Axle Fits B4 And X - 6 Sq.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default New Front Axle Fits B4 And X - 6 Sq.

The new trailing front axle from X Factory solves a problem for both AE B4 drivers and X Factory drivers too!

The standard steel AE kit trailing axle secures the wheel with a nut, and the nut protrudes beyond the wheel, often catching on things. You don't want your nuts to catch on a pipe! Until now, the solution has been the aluminum FT axle, which secures the wheel with a button head screw, but thealuminum axles break and many drivers don't like them.

The new X Factory axle is made of hardened steel by M.I.P. and is center drilled to be light but strong. Of course, the wheel is held on with a button head. And, the axle is held in the hub carrier with a screw, so no more E-clip!

AE drivers and X factory drivers will want to see all the info with pix and a C.A.D. drawing at www.xfactoryrc.com
Old 09-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
You don't want your nuts to catch on a pipe!
Heard that! I always try to keep my nuts inside the car at all times to help avoid any snags.

Nice front axles. I've had an E-Clip come off, resulting in my B4 trying its hand at becoming an awesome 3-wheeler after landing a jump. Not cool!!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I never had a problem with the nut on the axle, seems like a cool idea to not have it there...
Old 09-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Nut snags are for sure a bad thing. On a side note I'm such a child
Old 09-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

got mine last week and I'll be running mine this weekend!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Cool?

I have not ever had a nut snag issue
Old 09-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I've had my left nut snag several times on the ribbed pipe. I think I may try to go nutless.

Anyone try to shave their nuts enough, so they don't snag?
(wow, one little sentence and this thread went to the gutter by th 2nd post.)
Old 09-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you are going to a race that checks width these type of axles really are a must have, really makes passing tech easy.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I dont get it????? Every set up I have for my Xfactorys call for the inline axles. Why bring these axles out if everyone is running inlines? I sure hope there is some inline axles in the works.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dgdcustoms
I dont get it????? Every set up I have for my Xfactorys call for the inline axles. Why bring these axles out if everyone is running inlines? I sure hope there is some inline axles in the works.
We thought of/started working on these axles just before we began running the inlines here in the states. We continued with them for several reasons: first, there are a lot of X - 6 owners running trailing axles world-wide; most of the European set-ups, all of Ellis' set-ups (grass/astro), and lots of Japanese set-ups call for trailing. Further, these axles of course fit B4's too, so there's a very big market in general for them. We got some more stuff coming, don't worry
Old 09-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

These also wont snap off like the aluminum ones...
Old 09-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the B4 market for these is big, I just snapped the FT aluminum ones tuesday while in the lead in the main. These axles are long overdue and I was working on cutting off and drilling the steel axles out and tapping them for 4-40(well dillon was) so no more nut snagging or snapping the extremely weak FT aluminum ones.

Its nice to see Xfactory way ahead of the game on this one.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Chazz,

I seem to recall Racers Edge making the same product a few years ago (I can't seem to find it, but my car is equipped w/ them), as well as lunsford offers a Ti. version.

I think its awesome. I love the fact that I don't have any protruding material with which to get hung up on obstacles. I would really love to pick up the X6-squared kit in the future. I really like what you have done and will contiue to watch attentively as X-Factory grows and develops.

MOmo
Old 09-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Paul_Sinclair
We thought of/started working on these axles just before we began running the inlines here in the states. We continued with them for several reasons: first, there are a lot of X - 6 owners running trailing axles world-wide; most of the European set-ups, all of Ellis' set-ups (grass/astro), and lots of Japanese set-ups call for trailing. Further, these axles of course fit B4's too, so there's a very big market in general for them. We got some more stuff coming, don't worry
OK Now its makes more sence. I sure hope the inlines arent that far out. I will keep an eye out for them in the future.
Thanks Paul.
Don
Old 09-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Momo, I can't say if anybody ever made these axles before we did. I know M.I.P. started with new C.A.D. supplied by us.

We were afraid they would be too heavy, and that if we put in the center drilling operation they would be too expensive, but M.I.P. got the job done at a reasonable cost and we think they are a good value.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.