R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-31-2004, 03:34 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Send a message via AIM to 1/10 Supra Send a message via Yahoo to 1/10 Supra
Default Got my car, Now I got questions.

Ok... I got my car finally, and Don't mind the body sheel, it's being repainted.. I already started so It's not going to be those colors anymore.

Heres a Few pics of it, then I also have a few major questions.

This is after stripping stickers and glue off the buddy shell.

This pic, is just the Buggy with the shell off.

Now .. i have some seriosuly confusing questions.

The Car has syncros.. and they are conected to a thin black box.

I do not see where the crystals go .. and I have no remote.

How am i supposed to know what Remote.. goes to what ever I have in there... I bought this already assembled.. but Now I can't run it because I dont have a remote or what ever the heck I need .. somone PLEASE tell me how to find out what remote to get.. and what frequency little chips and all that ... This is depressing

other crazy question.. I have a Fail safe brand new in the package .. How the heck do I hook it up? Is it some plug and play device, or do I need to start splicing wires...

and last .. I also have a new chromed exhaust and manifold.. What tool can i use to Get that spring on and off that holds the manifold on .. because its a little to strong for my fingers to grip and pull apart by them selves.

I .. think thats all for now.. please help .. oh and is there some controller / syncro package i can buy thats recomended and is going to perform very well???? So maybe i can just get rid of what ever is on the car now .. since they are both different anyway .. they say:

Carb Syncro says: Futaba S3003

and the Steering says: Hitec Ultra TorqueHS-645mg

How do I find a remote.. and where does that dang little crystal chip go?
1/10 Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 08:52 AM   #2
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No disrespect to you but I think you bit off a lot more than you can chew based on the questions you asked.

Go, no run, to the nearest hobby shop and take the buggy with you because you need the most basic lessons in RC.

You need to learn what the different parts are called and not make up your own names for them that sound similar, such as it's SERVO not synchro. It's a RADIO TRANSMITTER not a remote. Go to the hobby shop and they'll be glad to show you where the RADIO RECEIVER is and sell you a TRANSMITTER which will be compatible with it. They will even be happy to sell you a battery charger for your receiver pack and fuel to use as well as a glow ignitor.

As far as the manifold spring tool is concerned, have you ever heard of a device called a needle nose pliers? Or, you can spend about $15 for a HUDY hook to remove the spring.

Face the facts that you will need to start at the bottom to learn about the RC hobby so you might as well go to the shop or a local track and admit that you're a total newbie and get one on one help. If you are depending on this board you will miss out on a lot of information that you're unable to ask about.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 10:28 AM   #3
Tech Adept

I second that sentiment.

It does seem that you have a very limited knowege of R/C at this time. That is not to say that we all wouldn't like to help and see you be in this for a long time but I would not have started off with an 1/8 scale anything for my first rig. There is just a high skill level required to set up, and maintain them.
Tony Soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:24 PM   #4
Tech Rookie
Send a message via AIM to 1/10 Supra Send a message via Yahoo to 1/10 Supra

Thanks you guys, by the way .. im 15 this is my first car, well my brother got it for me and although he knows about it I do not .. Maybe he can help me.. thanks though I understand i have very limited knowledge about the cars, hobby shop here we come!
1/10 Supra is offline   Reply With Quote