Search
Like Tree25Likes

Scale Stage R/C Rally

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fiercextreme
I started a "1/10 Stage Scale R/C Rally Racing La Puente" MEETUP group based in the San Gabriel Valley of So Cal! Anyone serious enough come join.
If I still lived in CA, I'd be there. Plenty of room here in LV to do it but not many are interested.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Raman
If I still lived in CA, I'd be there. Plenty of room here in LV to do it but not many are interested.
When we have our first real event i'll post it here so everyone can come from abroad! Its gonna be like the WRC do w time trials on local dirt and paved roads in the farm country one car at a time. Small dirt track windy and technical laid compact and tight to the rest of the track utilizing a smaller space for each event. Since u physically follow your rc rally car u always get the birds eye view and the sensation like ur in the cockpit controlling the pro cars every move. I believe this style of track is much grander than a simple dirt track that follows the same boring pattern each lap and since ur stationary u have to be within a certain distance to ur car and even if u had a vast intestine of twists and turns u wouldnt be able to navigate them from ur vantage point. Definitely something to get used to, but w a bit of practice im sure well be ok. If u check the Czech Republic they have a great following and are even in the midst of their season schedule. Monkeyracing.cz posted some links and a video i believe!

Last edited by fiercextreme; 11-04-2016 at 07:53 PM. Reason: mispelled a members username as i was referencing
Old 11-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default scale stage rally

To reiterate the previous post I do not have anything concrete or official atm. I'm here bringing to the attention, rally enthusiasts especially near the LA County area that would like to get together to try and start an organized effort at the sport of rally racing. If interested post up and we can chat!
Old 11-14-2016, 12:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok since this post is hard to find on rally racing I posted a rally thread in the California section. You will see it. Its the only rally thread there. Dam and I thought this thread was lonely. Lol. To monkeyracing.cz and others who are into racing rally cars feel free to post up there as well. Thx.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mini 4wd Rally under construction. I've got the correct wheels en route.

k_bojar likes this.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

I found another guy in LA interested in the Tamiya XV-01 type rally cars. We both have the same car. Were gonna connect and start doing a regular rally race. Any future or past posters feel free to message me or post up ur interest with this quote. The goal is to get a group big enough to start a championship series here in Southern California with Youtube videos to show how kewl it is. Will be the European style format i'm hoping. The scalers will appreciate it for sure. Check back in a while! Peace out!
Old 11-23-2016, 07:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by angrymelon

Just curious whats the wheelbase, tire size and ground clearance measured in millimeters or mm? Also whats wrong with the tires? They look like rally tires to me!
Old 11-23-2016, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOmo
So I recently scored one of these for a decent price still NIP.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...ssis-kit-84375

Since its Disc. I'm tempted to hold onto it and NOT build it, but Damn, it looks so tempting.
Does anyone run one successfully and if so, should I decide to build it, what upgrades do I need or what should I know?

I'm still on the fence. I want to but I don't. I still have my RS4 Rally, (which is MORE rare) but I sill want to build and run a rally car.

Insight please!

MOmo
Chris -

If you don't build and run the XV, you're missing out. Enjoy the snot out of it for years, or keep it in a sealed package for 20 or 30 years to make a few bucks?
Old 11-23-2016, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Tamiyas Porsche 934 body on an MF-01X on long wheelbase!

Brilliant, I had not thought of that.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi from Spain!!!

I´m glad to present the first rally track from Rally RC Madrid 2017, a really funny day, on a 100% asfalt track, on wet conditions.

Enjoy it!! Like and Subscribe ^^

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001
Chris -

If you don't build and run the XV, you're missing out. Enjoy the snot out of it for years, or keep it in a sealed package for 20 or 30 years to make a few bucks?

Word on the street is (kentech blog), they are re-releasing the xv-01 long damper spec. So build it up a d have fun!

From the other xv-01 thread, it seems like the xv-01t (long dampers) do not actually give more ride height. I am not sure what it actually accomplished.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

There are some really nice scale rally paint jobs on these cars! Foggy wet asphalt conditions, looks slippery.

Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by valladolidRc
Hi from Spain!!!

I´m glad to present the first rally track from Rally RC Madrid 2017, a really funny day, on a 100% asfalt track, on wet conditions.

Enjoy it!! Like and Subscribe ^^

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

Amazing replica! I'd hate to smash it up. But you know it's gonna look even better, dirty

Old 02-28-2017, 01:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 4roller
There are some really nice scale rally paint jobs on these cars! Foggy wet asphalt conditions, looks slippery.

Thanks for sharing!
Thank you very much!! I love make paint jobs as real as possible, on that video I made the CitroËn DS3 and Ford Fiesta Valentino Rossi decoration.

Next Sunday we have done another Rally RC, here you got the video ^^

I have done the Skoda Fabia Decoration and the Ford Fiesta Valentino Rossi ^^

+ YouTube Video
Old 05-15-2017, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default SoCal RC Rally Runners in Facebook

Hi, We have a group of RC Rally lover in Southern California which has a Facebook Group call "SoCal RC Rally Runners" Anyone who leaves in SoCal are welcome to joint and would like to draw more crowd to make up some Rally events in Los Angeles area. https://www.facebook.com/groups/6107...48176/?fref=nf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.