Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Losi Vehicle - 09.03.09

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (99%+)

Horizion looks as if there trying & capture some of the money from the RTR market which you can't blame them. and as stated there 1/8th scale program is huge. and as far as Gil Jr. going back to Losi or ( Horizion ) I don't see that. Kyosho is treating him really well from what I've read & heard, plus some of you guys are to young to remeber but he & his Father started out working with & doing research at, or with Kyosho way back when before they started there own company.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

What a bunch of whiners .

Losi isn`t allowed to offer products to the other 90% of the RC world ? They still have their competition lineup as well as a great race team . The more $ they bring in from "useless" RTRs the more $ for R&D they have for other cars , including racing kits .

Obviously it is not like years ago when all there was was kits . Open your eyes and look , the rest of the world is different from back then as well .

Years ago Traxxas was just about racing and when they went to RTRs nobody was crying then .

AE has RTRs but nobody is crying about that either . So what`s the deal ? Losi is only supposed to make racing kits ? If so they would be out of business . It`s a business and in order for a business to survive it needs to grow .
Old 08-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy

What a bunch of whiners .

Losi isn`t allowed to offer products to the other 90% of the RC world ? They still have their competition lineup as well as a great race team . The more $ they bring in from "useless" RTRs the more $ for R&D they have for other cars , including racing kits .

Obviously it is not like years ago when all there was was kits . Open your eyes and look , the rest of the world is different from back then as well .

Years ago Traxxas was just about racing and when they went to RTRs nobody was crying then .

AE has RTRs but nobody is crying about that either . So what`s the deal ? Losi is only supposed to make racing kits ? If so they would be out of business . It`s a business and in order for a business to survive it needs to grow .
When was traxxas into racing? Rustler maybe, Revo was blind luck...

Ae has race vehicles that are RTR...

Im still hoping theis new release is an anti-gravity vehicle...
Old 08-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
When was traxxas into racing? Rustler maybe, Revo was blind luck...

Ae has race vehicles that are RTR...

Im still hoping theis new release is an anti-gravity vehicle...
You must not be old enough or were not into rc back then . This was back sometime around early 90`s if I remember correctly .

Anti-gravity , Speed T with wings .
Old 08-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Traxxas had a very active racing program. There were factory sponsored drivers and some that received a lower degree of support. I know because my son was on the team. He was in the B group for sake of a better term.
The Blue Eagle LS stadium truck was excellent. The buggy (I think it was the TRX) that had the weird body did well also.

RTR is actually bringing in more racers in our area. You can get someone on the track at reasonable price and they can have fun. We keep some of our classes very close to stock or spec for beginners or even more experienced racers who want a low cost, low drama class. Losi 1/10th Sliders are good for this, Slash, Legends. If and when a racer wants to go with something more high tech the option is there; but so is the cost.

I think we have laughed more in the past year or so than any time previously and it is usually a Slash race with a batch of us rubbing and grinding on the track. You frequently see someone slow down to let another catch back up just for the fun of it.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

At one of the tracks where I race we allow Slash and SC10s to run together as long as the motors are comparable. The SC10s have no definite advantage. In the past two weeks a Slash TQd and SC10 won A Main, then a SC 10 TQd and a Slash won the A Main. We will probably include the new Losi Strike and HPI Blitz as well when they are running.

Remember for every race kit sold, there are probably 10 RTRs sold. RTRs are hear to stay and I think that is good for the hobby, sport, bashing or whatever you want to call RCing.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Maybe it is a 1/16th 4 wheel stadium truck to compete with the 1/16th Slash?

Traxxas had Rick Vehlow (sp? I think) who would always seem to put their car in any A-Main. He was just overshadowed by the bigger teams, i.e. Losi and Associated.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Yea offtopic but the trx3,trx1 , blue eagle ls those were all good cars
Old 08-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

I wish Losi or somebody would break through and get there stuff on the shelves at WALMARTS. That would cut out the ridiculously over priced HOBBYTOWNS
Old 08-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It would also put out a lot of hobby shops, if you don't like
hobby towns price shop else where , there's www. something out
there for you. Walmart a shit company from beginning to end.
Cheap made stuff, with cheap quality service

Dynodan22
Old 08-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dynodan22
It would also put out a lot of hobby shops, if you don't like
hobby towns price shop else where , there's www. something out
there for you. Walmart a shit company from beginning to end.
Cheap made stuff, with cheap quality service

Dynodan22
I do by my stuff else where since anytime i ever need a part for a B4 they never have it. They stock Kites, Puzzles, and monster truck parts. They don't even stock SLASH parts. Horizon is just as BAD as WALMART. Open your eyes
Old 08-30-2009, 06:34 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw
Traxxas had a very active racing program. There were factory sponsored drivers and some that received a lower degree of support. I know because my son was on the team. He was in the B group for sake of a better term.
The Blue Eagle LS stadium truck was excellent. The buggy (I think it was the TRX) that had the weird body did well also.

RTR is actually bringing in more racers in our area. You can get someone on the track at reasonable price and they can have fun. We keep some of our classes very close to stock or spec for beginners or even more experienced racers who want a low cost, low drama class. Losi 1/10th Sliders are good for this, Slash, Legends. If and when a racer wants to go with something more high tech the option is there; but so is the cost.

I think we have laughed more in the past year or so than any time previously and it is usually a Slash race with a batch of us rubbing and grinding on the track. You frequently see someone slow down to let another catch back up just for the fun of it.
I'm not sure how active Traxxas was into racing but I do know they did promote racing for a few years early on but then pretty much went 100% RTR. Even when they where full blwon RTR the only sponsored people I knew of was a Husband and Wife that where retired and traveled the country in their motor home and went racing all over the country. I forget their names but I met them once and they where very nice and great for the hobby in general.

Racing isn't on the top of Horizons list as you can see by the amount of RTR stuff they are making and then by how much less you see factory Losi racers attending races. Its pure economics.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up Racing @ Cap City !!!

If it is a new 4wd car it will be dialed !!!! Loved the xx4 WE BadAss!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson
The 1/8 scale off road program is the best going. The 1/10 off road program is still highly competitive.Do people come down on Chevrolet Corvettes because the company also makes Aveos? Kind of the same thing...
True, the Losi 1/8 program is doin very well along with their 1/10 off road program. I say this as die hard Associated fan as well. I'd compare the direction Losi is going to a car company like Porsche releasing a car like the Aveo. The same amount of head scratching would be happening among Porsche lovers.

Originally Posted by wyd
Even when they where full blwon RTR the only sponsored people I knew of was a Husband and Wife that where retired and traveled the country in their motor home and went racing all over the country. I forget their names but I met them once and they where very nice and great for the hobby in general.
I know exactly who you are talking about! I met them at the 2002 Winterchamps in Lake Park Florida. Very approachable and professional. They raced the old Traxxas SRT stadium trucks. I remember the Buggy using the same chassis was called the TCP(Total Competition Package). Wow. I've been doing this too long.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve
I wish Losi or somebody would break through and get there stuff on the shelves at WALMARTS. That would cut out the ridiculously over priced HOBBYTOWNS
Pepboys sells some lower priced Traxxas stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.