Wiki Posts
Search

Durability of the SC10 vs Blitz and Slash

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revo99
Im looking to get a short course truck what 1/10 scale truck is better for racing.

Please respond back or message me back.
If u plan on racing then the sc10 is THE truck. Its not as durable as the others as far as if u cant drive it will break easier lol. If u can keep it off the pipes and can setup a truck its awesome. If ur newer and less experienced maybe the blitz is a better choice. But it needs some upgrades to bulletproof it. The sc10 definately needs the rpm front bumper for starters. I would recomment the ft kit over the rtr and get ur own better electronics for a nice starting setup
Old 10-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Sc trucks

Originally Posted by nitro0619
If u plan on racing then the sc10 is THE truck. Its not as durable as the others as far as if u cant drive it will break easier lol. If u can keep it off the pipes and can setup a truck its awesome. If ur newer and less experienced maybe the blitz is a better choice. But it needs some upgrades to bulletproof it. The sc10 definately needs the rpm front bumper for starters. I would recomment the ft kit over the rtr and get ur own better electronics for a nice starting setup
SO your sayin to get a sc10 for sc racing
Old 10-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revo99
SO your sayin to get a sc10 for sc racing
Overall the better of the three for racing. Plenty of tuning options on it and available for it. Im talkin the ft kit sc10 not the rtr
Old 10-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Only Traxxas doesn't have a team/racing kit version of Slash. Other two companies AE and HPI both offer RTR and racing kit versions. If we compare the three RTRs in durablitliy category, they are pretty close. Slash is the easiest to find replacement parts. At our store, we stock parts in the following order, Slash, SC10, Blitz.

For racing capability out the 3 RTRs, it's SC10, Blitz, and Slash.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have two sc-10's. I raced all summer and I will admit, it takes a while to get a good setup and to get it handling well. Once you get it set up it is a very competitive truck if not the best.

But I see people saying they aren't the toughest? The other brands must be insanely tough because this weekend my friends and I race/bashed on a back yard large oval with a couple jumps and the only thing we broke after 8 hours of abuse was some drive pins for the wheels (pins that drive the hex's).

We beat the hell out of those sc-10's. We used to race T-maxx's and Revo's on the same oval and we could never keep all of them running at the same time.

Everyone seems to say that the Sc-10 is a race only machine and if you want to bash, get a slash. But I tumbled my sc-10 very hard probably 40 times that day and didn't break one part besides a pin (due to too much power from a mamba max pro and a 7.5T LRP x12 motor) and cracks to the body.

The stock bumpers flex so much that it just doesn't break. The only plastic part I broke all season was a front suspension arm and it was because I caught a piece of plywood that was being used as a wall for a jump. I hit it at full speed.

Edit: We were using a Brushless RTR sc-10, a Sc-10RS, and one FT Sc-10 for reference. They all are holding up the same. I absolutely love these trucks, it has revived RC racing for me and my friends.