Wiki Posts
Search

Carpet "Offroad" track

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Carpet "Offroad" track

Our track runs an "offroad" carpet track. I'm looking for ideas for more obsticals that are easily put down and setup. On one friday night, out track is oval, road course and stadium truck. It's easily converted within a matter of a few minutes from one to the other. All we basically have is 1/2dozen jumps and some tractor plow disks (14" dia dome looking things) It's pretty slick considering how much time we have to switch between tracks.

Anyway, any ideas would be appreciated.

www.lapazraceway.com
Old 01-19-2004, 01:11 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Sounds like the same thing we do out here in Madison, Wisconsin. Most of the obstacles are skateboard-type ramps that we've custom-built, as well as some plow discs. The only other real innovation we have is taken a spare piece of carpet and putting it over some smaller plow discs; there sort of creates a "rough" section of track but doesn't upset the trucks quite as much as just the discs themselves.

Do you have any pictures of the track?
Old 01-19-2004, 07:22 AM
Tech Addict

Default Pictures

I personally do not, but I'll take some this friday.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Talking Track Pictures

Ok, here are the track pictures. The roadcourse/offroad course of this club is not very technical. We run just about every class every night. Here's a brief run down:

1. Stadium Truck (15-25 trucks a night. {including a buggy or 2})
2. Monster Truck (E-Maxxes. Generally 3-5)
3. Touring car stock (12-16)
4. 12th scale stock (7-14)
5. Sportsman oval (Beginners w/540 tamiya sealed endbell)
6. Nascar 6-cell oval (4-8)
7. 4-cell 19turn oval (4-6)
8. 12th oval (not every week, (3 or so)
9. Nastruck 6-cell oval (3-5)

All classes have (2) heats and a main. We'll also run anthing that there is at least 3 of. We've also been known to combine "like" classes if there are not enough numbers to run a particular class. (nascar 6-cell stock soemtimes run's w/19turn 4-cell or nastruck)

We have a lot of a vast spread of talant ranging from none (me) to others that have partial sponsorships. Everybody pretty much helps everybody. There are a couple of "family" racers, and it's a good environment. We've started (again) to run the "Cavelcade of Wheels" race in late march. The Cavelcade is a carshow in 2 HUGE domes at Notre Dame. (Yes, I know they didn't do well this year..in football anyway...soccer, both mens and womens had an excellent year) Last year was great, we had near 100 cars the 1st day, and near 80 on Sunday. Were hoping for a bigger turn out this year. We are also in the process of upgrading our timing system so we can use personal transponders. Basically, were waiting for them to be delivered. (I can't wait, I hate chasing those things down when people forget to bring them back up.

Anyway, On to the pictures. Some pics are 1.3 meg...sorry for long download.

Our track website is:

www.lapazraceway.com