Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-4 or XXX-T

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Default XXX-4 or XXX-T

Ok I sitting here trying to decide if I should get a xxx-4 or xxx-t. In Canada they are both the same price but with the T you get a sweet radio and the other electronics. My first idea was to get a xxx-4 and then transfer my brushless setup into it along with the radio. Then when I saw the xxx-t i thought I could put the brushless in it and then also have a motor and esc for my xxx-s. Is the xxx-4 that much better then a xxx-t.

Thats alot of triple x's
Jason
Old 01-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Rookie

I have both and I LOVE the xxx-4 and it is the most fun I have. However, be prepared for some spare parts unless you are a very good driver. The xxx-4 Graphite edition is a great value for all of the race parts you get, you really don't have to do any hop ups on it. Unfortunately, the 4wd class usually isn't a large class. Check at your track and see how many are showing up on a weekly basis.

The truck is easier to drive, more forgiving and more durable. I just can't believe that the 4wd class isn't the largest class. We are always able to race, but around here the 2w mod and truck classes are huge.
I am sure you will be happy with both, but I haven't raced my truck since I but the 4wd.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey

Theres not much for classes around here. THeres one out door track and pretty much anything goes.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Adams44
I have both and I LOVE the xxx-4 and it is the most fun I have. However, be prepared for some spare parts unless you are a very good driver. The xxx-4 Graphite edition is a great value for all of the race parts you get, you really don't have to do any hop ups on it. Unfortunately, the 4wd class usually isn't a large class. Check at your track and see how many are showing up on a weekly basis.

The truck is easier to drive, more forgiving and more durable. I just can't believe that the 4wd class isn't the largest class. We are always able to race, but around here the 2w mod and truck classes are huge.
I am sure you will be happy with both, but I haven't raced my truck since I but the 4wd.
All comments here are right on the mark.

The only thing that I don't get is that these are two radically different rigs. Why do you have to choose between a truck and a 4wd buggy? Why do you think one is "better" then the other?
They are honestly so different as make comparisons irrelevent.

For the record, I own both and I love both. I run the Novak BL in the XXX4 and a 19t in the XXXT. They both rip.
But if you put a gun to my head and told me to pick one it would be the XXX4. It is a flat-azzed blast to drive.

But am I lucky enogh to live in an area with a strong 4wd class to race against. If they all went away I would probably have to sell it.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Getting a XXX-4, should be here tuesday.