1/8 scale ESC

Old 08-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by losifiend
The gamble is that after 60 days the warrenty expires on those refurbished units. They may charge you 1/2 price or something to fix it but by that time you will be spending more than if you just buy the new, warrented one to begin with.
Oh ok i see what your saying, but by 60 days i will know if it is any good or not
Old 08-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I actually think the mamba monster refurb is going to be your best bet based on the $$$$ you want to spend.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tschenck
I actually think the mamba monster refurb is going to be your best bet based on the $$$$ you want to spend.
yep that is wat i am going for
Old 08-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davidg01234
Seriously did you have to add the "cheap" part?
Yeah, I did. It's a cheap, China made motor. If you want quality, you're gonna pay $$$ for it. The first thing you learn in 1/8th scale racing, especially electric, is that you get what you pay for. If you want stuff that takes the abuse and lasts, you need to coin up and buy Tekin or Castle Creations ESC and motors. The EZRun, Hobbywing, Feiago, etc. stuff might hold up, but it might not even handle normal usage, let alone hard racing level abuse.

Lol, you do realize that in your first post, you were looking to buy a 1/8th electric capable ESC for less than what a decent 1/10th, 2S lipo max ESC costs?
Old 08-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Yeah, I did. It's a cheap, China made motor. If you want quality, you're gonna pay $$$ for it. The first thing you learn in 1/8th scale racing, especially electric, is that you get what you pay for. If you want stuff that takes the abuse and lasts, you need to coin up and buy Tekin or Castle Creations ESC and motors. The EZRun, Hobbywing, Feiago, etc. stuff might hold up, but it might not even handle normal usage, let alone hard racing level abuse.

Lol, you do realize that in your first post, you were looking to buy a 1/8th electric capable ESC for less than what a decent 1/10th, 2S lipo max ESC costs?
Dude i do not own a single electric and i would not know much about them, no reason to be an ass