Strike or Blitz?

Old 08-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Strike or Blitz?

Ok obviously there arent to many people that have driven either one since there not available yet, and we have compared the heck out of the Slash and SC10. Lets say they released both of these trucks tommorow which one would you buy and why?
Old 08-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Both.

The Blitz because it appeals to my design preferences.

The Strike because I need a basher to replace my Slash and it comes w/ 2.4 gear.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

Ok let me add this in there too! Im sure ROAR is going to modify the SCT rules since LOSI is a big player in the game but since some are saying the Strike may not be ROAR legal would you still consider the strike knowing that as of now it isnt legal for the provisional rules that ROAR has?
Old 08-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I would go with the blitz and am. I am going with that one because I will be using it to race.
Tech Master

Originally Posted by brizzle
Ok let me add this in there too! Im sure ROAR is going to modify the SCT rules since LOSI is a big player in the game but since some are saying the Strike may not be ROAR legal would you still consider the strike knowing that as of now it isnt legal for the provisional rules that ROAR has?
IMO, the rules shouldn't be changed. Losi dropped the ball and should fix the problem, but that's more than likely not going to happen. That said, I'm not racing for a ROAR crown, so the Strike will be fine for my needs.
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brizzle
I'd pick up a Strike for club level. It'll be seen as more of a Slash than the AE or HPI offerings. The Blitz looks pretty cool though.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I'd pick up a Strike for club level. It'll be seen as more of a Slash than the AE or HPI offerings. The Blitz looks pretty cool though.
Ya im definately not going for a ROAR championship! I kinda think that Blitz looks pretty cool too, alot of good ideas that make it a little different than the rest of them. I have owned a ton of Associated and Losi cars and I have an SC10 and two Slashes but I kinda want to try something new. I think I might go out on a limb and go for the Blitz.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

sc10
Old 08-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by not home
sc10
I figured some genius would say that The title says Blitz or Strike, I think there is another thread asking SC10 or Slash
Old 08-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

The BLITZ. The losi is just a renamed slash. The Blitz looks to be built for more racen then bashin'. Where the Losi is the other way. Very high center of gravity I dont care were they put the motor at.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

blitzs and sc10 are the same thing, same idea of just lengthening the chassis and thats it. they have identical bodies. and hpi copied associated for there e firestorm. nothing is different between them. Except for the wheels, HPI made some sweet wheels.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would have to take into consideration which one will have parts readily available at my local hobby shop and that would mean the Losi. The Blitz looks more race ready though and probably meets ROAR rules. As you can see by my avatar though I won't own either one!lol
Old 08-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcmark24
I would have to take into consideration which one will have parts readily available at my local hobby shop and that would mean the Losi. The Blitz looks more race ready though and probably meets ROAR rules. As you can see by my avatar though I won't own either one!lol
Haha! I know I just kinda want something new, I really like the Blitz but I already own a stock SC10. The Blitz is really nice but its $200 and if I spent $200 on my SC10 it could be pretty awesome!
Old 08-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcman1993
blitzs and sc10 are the same thing, same idea of just lengthening the chassis and thats it. they have identical bodies. and hpi copied associated for there e firestorm. nothing is different between them. Except for the wheels, HPI made some sweet wheels.
Hence it will be a great racer.

Let me ask this, Associated and HPI catch heat for "stretching" the T4 and the eFirestorm, can someone explain to me what is so revolutionary about either the Slash or the Strike for that matter?

The Slash is a hodge podge of Traxxas parts bolted to a stretched and widened Stampede chassis is it not?

The Strike is aimed squarely at the Slash and looks like it's based on the High Roller, itself a Pede knockoff, so why all the negativity toward the SC10 and Blitz?
Old 08-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crawler
Hence it will be a great racer.

Let me ask this, Associated and HPI catch heat for "stretching" the T4 and the eFirestorm, can someone explain to me what is so revolutionary about either the Slash or the Strike for that matter?

The Slash is a hodge podge of Traxxas parts bolted to a stretched and widened Stampede chassis is it not?

The Strike is aimed squarely at the Slash and looks like it's based on the High Roller, itself a Pede knockoff, so why all the negativity toward the SC10 and Blitz?
Plus one.

Why not start a ˝Look at my bandwidth thieving thread everyone!!!!˝?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.