Strike or Blitz?

Old 08-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crawler
Hence it will be a great racer.

Let me ask this, Associated and HPI catch heat for "stretching" the T4 and the eFirestorm, can someone explain to me what is so revolutionary about either the Slash or the Strike for that matter?

The Slash is a hodge podge of Traxxas parts bolted to a stretched and widened Stampede chassis is it not?

The Strike is aimed squarely at the Slash and looks like it's based on the High Roller, itself a Pede knockoff, so why all the negativity toward the SC10 and Blitz?

Because no matter what any of the companies came out with, nobody would be happy. You can't please everybody. I totally agree with what you said, the same guys complaining about losi not stretching a xxxtcr to make there SCT were the ones complaining about the SC10 being a stretched T4. That being said, i really like the looks of the Blitz more than any of them. But who konws how it will perform on the track.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MiniT21
Because no matter what any of the companies came out with, nobody would be happy. You can't please everybody. I totally agree with what you said, the same guys complaining about losi not stretching a xxxtcr to make there SCT were the ones complaining about the SC10 being a stretched T4. That being said, i really like the looks of the Blitz more than any of them. But who konws how it will perform on the track.
By the looks of that video someone put up on the Blitz thread it looks pretty hooked up rite out of the box!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brizzle
No doubt! Im just trying to strike up some conversation since some of the other threads were going flat! I thinnk im going to try to test my lack of talent and race at SRS next week Do you race there?
I race there occasionally. I live on the west side of town and the nitro pit is right down the street. I'll be out there next weekend for sure. Tomorrow night i'll be slashing it up at the goodyear track.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

Let me ask this, Associated and HPI catch heat for "stretching" the T4 and the eFirestorm, can someone explain to me what is so revolutionary about either the Slash or the Strike for that matter?

The Slash is a hodge podge of Traxxas parts bolted to a stretched and widened Stampede chassis is it not?

The Strike is aimed squarely at the Slash and looks like it's based on the High Roller, itself a Pede knockoff, so why all the negativity toward the SC10 and Blitz?

Good point, but the slash is based only off of its big brothers
Old 08-07-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maylemay
Good point, but the slash is based only off of its big brothers
Isn't that what I stated?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm waiting for my Strike based soley on what the shop can provide for replacement parts. I feel it will be well supported locally. The LHS already support the AE and Traxxas SCT offerings and carry Losi. It'll be interesting to see which tires of all the new trucks work best on which surfaces. We might all have to have a set of each as the main tuning device for a race (except for the AE tires). I still think they're all roughly the same and competitive in the right hands. I just want a Losi to go with my JRX-S R, and XXX-T CR. I should get my son an SC10 to replace his Slash and to go with his T4, TC3... Then we can have brand wars without ever leaving the house.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

SLASH
Old 08-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sLaSh It UPP
SLASH
some people cant read
Old 08-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcman1993
some people cant read
Yep! 2nd one in this thread
Old 08-07-2009, 03:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Geez, give it rest Crawler. If you can't figure out why the Slash is revolutionary, then you must not have eyes or ears. That would make you a crash test dummy.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I have no experience with HPI. What are some strengths/weaknesses that some of you have encountered with this brand. I have a Losi product, 8ight, and it seems very high quality. I'm more likely to give my edge to the Strike, based on brand experience.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by blade329
Geez, give it rest Crawler. If you can't figure out why the Slash is revolutionary, then you must not have eyes or ears. That would make you a crash test dummy.
Sand in your mangina?

Still waiting for someone answer the question?
Old 08-07-2009, 03:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Sand in your mangina?

Still waiting for someone answer the question?
Good one.

Well, gee, let me think. It's only that every company out there is rushing to copy the Slash. It is because it is a scale vehicle based on a real racing class. Traxxas was very smart going with a vehicle that people would recognize in the real world. Put a big scale body on it to cover the tires, add large bumpers, add waterproof electronics, thinner/taller off-road tires, make it darn near indestructable and sell it for around $200 as an RTR. It was brilliant. What is so hard to understand here?
Old 08-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Good one.

Well, gee, let me think. It's only that every company out there is rushing to copy the Slash. It is because it is a scale vehicle based on a real racing class. Traxxas was very smart going with a vehicle that people would recognize in the real world. Put a big scale body on it to cover the tires, add large bumpers, add waterproof electronics, thinner/taller off-road tires, make it darn near indestructable and sell it for around $200 as an RTR. It was brilliant. What is so hard to understand here?
You are aware that Associated was involved in the CORR series before the Slash was released right? Why would Associated be involved in that series if they didn't plan on releasing rc SC trucks?

Now, the Slash was indeed available before the SC10. Yes it's tough, it's a great basher, it's race-able, and it affordable. But that doesn't make it revolutionary.

The Slash isn't the only SC truck available anymore, like it or not there are several manufactures w/ SC trucks available and I'm sure there will be more to come. They are all very close in price and preformance. Each has an area that it excells in and people are going to want to race them regardless of what brand they are.

Hell I already own 3 SC trucks (1 SC10, 1 TT Slash, 1 custom SC) and I plan on getting a Strike and the Blitz, so it's not like I am pregidous against any of them. But this onslaught of SC10 bashing is really getting old.

Now let's please move on.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

I have no experience with HPI. What are some strengths/weaknesses that some of you have encountered with this brand. I have a Losi product, 8ight, and it seems very high quality. I'm more likely to give my edge to the Strike, based on brand experience.
I came into the hobby without any bias for any particular brand. Seeing the E-Firestorm chassis in-person at the LHS compared to other STs is what really sold me on HPI. The composite plastic felt very robust, the build quality and thoughtfullness put into the design impressed me. I was a little surprized when they came out with the Brahma buggy...at least in pictures anyway seemed to me they regressed a bit there with that product, but then with the Cyber buggy and Savage Flux MT, you could see and feel the high level of quality again. If you want to preview the Blitz, just go check out an e-Firtestorm and imagine it with bumpers and a longer chassis. Maybe get an E-Firestorm side by side with a high-roller.

For HPI, parts can be a little tougher to come by though unless the particular model you have is a really big hit. Also HPI's factory hop-ups tend to be on the pricey side. I don't know how things are lately, but when I was going to the track when the E-Firestorm came out, virtually nobody was running it so I was pretty much out of luck is something broke and I didn't have my own spare.