Strike or Blitz?

Old 08-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crawler
Hence it will be a great racer.

Let me ask this, Associated and HPI catch heat for "stretching" the T4 and the eFirestorm, can someone explain to me what is so revolutionary about either the Slash or the Strike for that matter?

The Slash is a hodge podge of Traxxas parts bolted to a stretched and widened Stampede chassis is it not?

The Strike is aimed squarely at the Slash and looks like it's based on the High Roller, itself a Pede knockoff, so why all the negativity toward the SC10 and Blitz?
The blitz will be decent at racing, but the strike WILL be worse at just about everything because it is based off th high roller. If you have seen the high roller, it is like a cheesy tyco car. Made out of the worst plastic and now with a MID motor that really isnt(moved foward about 2 inches), and Losi has never done anythis like a x60 with the mid motor. I think the strike screams disaster for any user. My best bet between the strike and blitz is the blitzs because it is based off the sc10 as i said before.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I think its too early to tell IMO, I think the Strike and Blitz will be closer together then people think in the handling department.

I have seen the strike in the testing stages and last sunday they raced them heads up in the open class with SC10's (SC10s won) I know the guy that did the testing. He has a slash and raced a slash for along time and did tell me the strike is way better in the handling department then the Slash. All the testing was before the SC10 was released so that was the bar.

The Blitz looks very cool right off the bat, but its based off the E-firestorm which is a very heavy truck when compared to the T4 but is the basher version made with heavier materials. my buddy has a E-firestorm and i have driven it and it handles well but compaired to my T4 its a monster. This might benifit the Blitz but at this point who knows.

Last edited by What up?; 08-06-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

BLITZ all the way! The Strike is not legfal (too big) to race per the organized rules.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I think neither of them because they are both unavailable at this time so everything is built off speculation
Old 08-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wild gopher
I think neither of them because they are both unavailable at this time so everything is built off speculation
That is basically the point of this conversation is just speculation and what people "think". Read my first post I guess this conversation is more for fun than experience since none of us have driven either one but people have brought up good points about both trucks by talking about it. So peewee someone has a gun to your head rite now and you have to choose one!! Hurry choose one!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Ok ok, out of pure speculation since I know jack sh!t about either of them (except for what I can see in the pics), im gong to choose the Blitz. Why? Purely looks. The body style and the tire tread looks pretty sweet. I think in the end they will all be fairly similar, each with their own issues. I personally run a slash and have yet to stray away because it has yet to fail me. Ive run among SC10's both stock and brushless in addition to modded slashes. Mine is bone stock minus tires and I can hang for the most part. People tend to over power these things which makes it a difficult task to drive. Just because a rule may say 10.5 is the limit, doesnt mean that is going to produce the fastest laps. I had a mamba max 5700 in my slash and while on the street it was silly fast, on the track it was literally uncontrollable. I ditched it and went back to stock.
Im sure that we will run into each other as we are both from AZ. All I can say is the more the merrier. Short course is the bomb
Old 08-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wild gopher
Im sure that we will run into each other as we are both from AZ. All I can say is the more the merrier. Short course is the bomb
No doubt! Im just trying to strike up some conversation since some of the other threads were going flat! I thinnk im going to try to test my lack of talent and race at SRS next week Do you race there?
Old 08-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Both.

I've been waiting for a Losi SCT since the SLASH came out so I'll race the Losi before it gets destined to a life of bashing in the trails. I was hoping for a XXX-T based truck(My desert truck is close to bieng SCT legal) , but Losi had different plans in thier mind. I just don't understand how people can bash a truck that is barley in the country?? This is confusing to me. Everyone says its a Laxxas, it's cheap, this that..............geeez. When the SLASH came out everyone thought yeah this is an awesome truck, then the SC10 came out and suddenly the SLASH is cheap etc. Now the LOSI is out and since it looks like a SLASH it's been labeled cheap tyco like etc. Lets let this be settled on the track not on people's computer monitors.

The Blitz looks awesome to me. The diff looks like total money, body looks good, and the tires are way sweet.

If I don't like my Losi for racing whatever I'll get a Blitz and race that. I'd race my SC10, but I've always been a Losi man.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Sunderlage
Both.

I've been waiting for a Losi SCT since the SLASH came out so I'll race the Losi before it gets destined to a life of bashing in the trails. I was hoping for a XXX-T based truck(My desert truck is close to bieng SCT legal) , but Losi had different plans in thier mind. I just don't understand how people can bash a truck that is barley in the country?? This is confusing to me. Everyone says its a Laxxas, it's cheap, this that..............geeez. When the SLASH came out everyone thought yeah this is an awesome truck, then the SC10 came out and suddenly the SLASH is cheap etc. Now the LOSI is out and since it looks like a SLASH it's been labeled cheap tyco like etc. Lets let this be settled on the track not on people's computer monitors.

The Blitz looks awesome to me. The diff looks like total money, body looks good, and the tires are way sweet.

If I don't like my Losi for racing whatever I'll get a Blitz and race that. I'd race my SC10, but I've always been a Losi man.

go to your LHS and take a look at the high roller, and you will see how junky the high roller is because they are the same vehicles. They are made of the same crappy plastic.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcman1993
go to your LHS and take a look at the high roller, and you will see how junky the high roller is because they are the same vehicles. They are made of the same crappy plastic.

Never seen a Highroller I'll judge my STRIKE when I get it.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

you will be disapointed if you have ever used a xxxt or a t4.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i really like the looks/body of the blitz,looks very real..
just not sure how available parts will be..
Old 08-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
i really like the looks/body of the blitz,looks very real..
just not sure how available parts will be..
i was thinkin the same thing almost every hobby shop carries parts for losi although hpi parts are hard to find
Old 08-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

It seems like the general survey here is the hpi "looks" alot better and it probably is but ya parts arent everywhere for the hpi cars so that may hurt its sales?
Old 08-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

You won't need parts for the blitz. I put my E-firestorm through hell (20ft cliff jumps and full speed into trees) and it hasn't skipped a beat. If the blitz handles as well as the E-firestorm the SC10 is going to have a run for its money too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.