Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Ener-g 5000 opinions >

Ener-g 5000 opinions

Ener-g 5000 opinions

Old 08-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ener-g 5000 opinions

Has anyone tried these out yet? I know most only use lipo now, but promatch has some pretty good deals on these. I am fairly impressed with my 4600s I've used in my slash, they seem to stay in balance fairly well better than ib4200s did for sure.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'm interested as well. I had way better luck with the 4200's staying balanced, the 4600's take way more maintenance IMO. I've gotten used to how the lighter cars handle and jump with the lipos now and doubt I'll go back to nimh's, even at 5000 mah, but still haven't seen a review of the new cells...
Old 08-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah we are getting towards the end of life for nimhs for sure, but I could see having one as a option if more traction was needed, or for a backup/practice pack etc. I am most interested in a rx pack for my baja5b 1/5 scale buggy. They are one of the few people who make these up. I know I could go lipo with it too, but there really aren't any cheap options to do that so far. The promatch pack is like 29 bucks, so it would be a good deal if the cells are good. They (promatch) claim the cells stay charged longer, and don't self discharge as bad. This is hard to believe since that is not the trend obviously the higher mah nimh are usually worse at that, so I was looking for someone to back their claims up.