Wiki Posts
Search

1:8e Heat issues, need your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default 1:8e Heat issues, need your thoughts

So I've got a RC8e running the Novak HV w/7.5 motor powerd with a 5000mah 4s, with an airtronics 358 servo and signaled by a Futaba 4pk.

The issues I'm having is the heat generated inside the body is causing my receiver to go into fail safe. I guess at 120* the Futaba receivers go into a fail safe mode. I've got all of the vent holes cut out on my Jconcept E. body... re geared the motor... and still I'm "thermo'ing" the receiver I have been running the AE receiver box... and now I'm thinking either holes in the lid... or running with out the lid all together.

I live in eastern Washington and temps have been around 100* at the start of a race day... (4pm) with the temps dropping into the night...

Anyhow I'm looking for some "expert internet" advice... or thoughts.

thanks gangsters!

WaWa
Old 07-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Which rx are you using with the 4pk?

My 3 channel one does the same thing. I asked in the futaba thread, and he said if it has a blue sticker then its a first gen rx and you need to send back to futaba.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm 99% sure it's the R604FS? that came with the remote that is in it... I'm also running a non-brushless servo, and that is set to normal on the remote as well. (not high speed)

(I do have one of the older blue decal ones, didn't know I could send that thing back)