Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi, Tekin, LRP or KO?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I would stay away from LRP their customer service is just as bad as their products!!! I will never waist my money on anything LRP again. LIve and learn...
Old 07-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

They're all decenet systems. Let's face it they all "work." They all have their differences.

What you get with Tekin is upgradeability. If new software comes out, you can download it right off the site, and have the latest speedo!

It's small, fast, smart and current. Buying a Tekin is investing in your r/c racing future. Your dollar will travel further not having to buy a "new" esc each year just to get the latest profiles and improvements...
Old 07-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

I had a feeling, someone from tekin would step in. Customer service is very important to me.

Anybody know anything on the KO esc I heard they are monsters in a touring car.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Legend

Had too, LRP already step in & beat um to it ...
Old 07-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
I had a feeling, someone from tekin would step in. Customer service is very important to me.

Anybody know anything on the KO esc I heard they are monsters in a touring car.
I'm very pleased with my KO BMC's... Used LRP for 10 years prior. KO is second to none is customer service.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

I think tekin may be the direction I need to go. Do you think loaiwould have done better of the were not all running the xcelorin sytems?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Losi just not that big in to the electric side of racing as in
sponsoring compared to there 1/8th nitro side. Don't get
me wrong horizon has good customer service. So maybe that why
you don't see the results in the race your looking at. I am trying a tekin rs
this time in one of my trucks to try something different. I have 2 Novak
gtbs that have run for 2 years in stock with no problems. Novak
customer service is also excellent and warranty service turn around
time is great to. I was leaning to trying out a SXP by lrp, but I heard their
turn around time for returning a product is horrible if you do have a
problem with the esc. The speed passions I heard are nice also .
Just remember opinions are just that , if your as mid class racer
the best stuff still won't make you a top class racer, practice and set up
will

Dynodan22
Old 07-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Had too, LRP already step in & beat um to it ...
Smart Azz!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I would say that BLUE IS BETTER than most but it doesn't top the black, silver and red boxes built by Tekin.

You get alot more than just one of the the best escs on the market when you purchase a Tekin.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

In your XXX-CR you have a small space available for the ESC (height) so Go with a low profile LRP 2007 edition( what I have) or the best RS Pro( wish I had) Tekin, If money is not an issue get the Tekin!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You know the only thing that blows my mind is why a Tekin
Combo 17.5 motor and rs esc costs more than if you
bought the components individualy, and the combo does
not include the hotwire. This just baffles me

Dynodan22
Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Um this is a very hard one to choose. Not realy TEKIN.
I used to run Novak back in the day and Novak only. Then when I got back into this hobby a couple years ago,I still thought there was only one choice. So I outfitted my cars and my sons cars with Novaks. Then I started to have problems with them just going up in smoke. After I sent a couple in for repiars,and got them back.It said there is a KNOWN problem with the mosfets burning up. So I sold them off and figured I would try out LRP. Although the perform ok, their customer service SUCKS.I am still tryen to get some info from them one a product I sent in for warranty repair. Its Been almost a month now. I have called everyday this week so far and still havent found anything out. All I get is we will have someone call you back!!!!
After switching to Tekin I could not be happier!!!!! Their products are just plain awsome and very high quality. I realy wish I would have boght Tekin in the first place. It would have saved me alot of money and alot of grief. If you ever have a problem or question about one of Tekin products, they are here to help us out anyway they can. They will do whatever it takes to get you going again. And Randy man what a Guy. He will answer any question you have almost anytime of the day. You never have to worry about a question getting answered by a "I dont know" he knows. Unike the Frank dude from LRP I have asked him a few questions about LRP products and his answers where I dont know or I dont run that so I dont know.What crap!!!

Long story short... By Tekin they are the BEST out there.They may cost alittle more but in the long run it will save you alot of money and problems.
You will never ahve to by another esc just becuase they updated it. You can just download the new update.
Plain and simple Tekin or NOTHING
Old 07-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Wow that was strong. I'm sold.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgdcustoms
Um this is a very hard one to choose. Not realy TEKIN.
I used to run Novak back in the day and Novak only. Then when I got back into this hobby a couple years ago,I still thought there was only one choice. So I outfitted my cars and my sons cars with Novaks. Then I started to have problems with them just going up in smoke. After I sent a couple in for repiars,and got them back.It said there is a KNOWN problem with the mosfets burning up. So I sold them off and figured I would try out LRP. Although the perform ok, their customer service SUCKS.I am still tryen to get some info from them one a product I sent in for warranty repair. Its Been almost a month now. I have called everyday this week so far and still havent found anything out. All I get is we will have someone call you back!!!!
After switching to Tekin I could not be happier!!!!! Their products are just plain awsome and very high quality. I realy wish I would have boght Tekin in the first place. It would have saved me alot of money and alot of grief. If you ever have a problem or question about one of Tekin products, they are here to help us out anyway they can. They will do whatever it takes to get you going again. And Randy man what a Guy. He will answer any question you have almost anytime of the day. You never have to worry about a question getting answered by a "I dont know" he knows. Unike the Frank dude from LRP I have asked him a few questions about LRP products and his answers where I dont know or I dont run that so I dont know.What crap!!!

Long story short... By Tekin they are the BEST out there.They may cost alittle more but in the long run it will save you alot of money and problems.
You will never ahve to by another esc just becuase they updated it. You can just download the new update.
Plain and simple Tekin or NOTHING
+1 he said it all
Old 07-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I bought a 13.5 losi system....and...well, i love it. compared to the vxl, mamba max, and mmm v3...it's 100000x's smoother! i have so much part throttle control it's crazy. it's obvious everyone loves tekin....and, honestly, i wish i'd of shopped around more before just laying down cash for mine...but i'm DEFF not unhappy...i've VERY happy. the ONLY thing i don't like is that the fan runs constantly...but i mean, oh well lol.

i've run it, vastly undergeared....and still have no heat issues. motor and esc both stay very cool...and i ran for 35min straight (mostly bashing...and full throttle) on a 6000mah 28c smc 2s.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.