Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Blitz Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, the black looks a lot better. I think the side window seems a titch small for me. It just seems a bit off to me.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

Looks really similar to the SC10, at first glance. Must be the mudflaps! A new SCT tire, too...looks pretty good. They did to the E-Firestorm what Associated did with the T4, to make this.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

lol...I think we all knew this was coming. Hey, all the SC trucks are ugly, and that is what makes them look good ...I was wondering what was taking HPI so long to jump on the SC bandwagon. What would it hurt to have all these different brand of 1:10 SC trucks racing in the same class??? All in all it woud only give an even bigger boost to the less expensive 10th scale SC racing. Yeah, in cases one brand will have a strength over the other, but it will also have a weakness in which the other can take advantage of. If the SC10 is noted as a tick faster...The Slash is noted as a tick more durable. Bottom-line it comes down to the driver for the most part, right?
I believe the first track that breaks out of the mold and allows all SC trucks brands to run under the same stock motor specs 27t brush, 17t brushless, 20000t what-ever...will have a nice racing series on their hands that will probably pioneer a trend...Bragging rights between the brands, Fun competition, you name it. J.M.O.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJ919
lol...I think we all knew this was coming. Hey, all the SC trucks are ugly, and that is what makes them look good ...I was wondering what was taking HPI so long to jump on the SC bandwagon. What would it hurt to have all these different brand of 1:10 SC trucks racing in the same class??? All in all it woud only give an even bigger boost to the less expensive 10th scale SC racing. Yeah, in cases one brand will have a strength over the other, but it will also have a weakness in which the other can take advantage of. If the SC10 is noted as a tick faster...The Slash is noted as a tick more durable. Bottom-line it comes down to the driver for the most part, right?
I believe the first track that breaks out of the mold and allows all SC trucks brands to run under the same stock motor specs 27t brush, 17t brushless, 20000t what-ever...will have a nice racing series on their hands that will probably pioneer a trend...Bragging rights between the brands, Fun competition, you name it. J.M.O.
Couldn't be said any better X2, that's why ROAR created the class. This winter will be fun
Old 07-24-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mutilatorman
How dissapointing.
What is it with people and complaining about new releases in this class?

SC10 goes low-cg - "it's a cheater's chassis"

Losi goes high-cg - "oh I can't believe they didn't build an SC10 competitor"

HPI go low-cg - "how disappointing I thought they would come out with something original"

Old 07-24-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks like my race prepped e-firestorm may soon become an SC truck with the simple addition of some front / rear bumpers, side bars, 12mm hexes.....and a body.

Excellent....now it really is a multi function piece of gear...
Old 07-24-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

looks like an sc10 thats a good thing
Old 07-24-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

always good to have options. It definitely went the way of the sc10. I do like the 12mm hexes and the transmission looks good with the aluminum gears.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
wow so much for the 1/10th scale truck class SC is taking over!!!
Interesting thought - though probably NOT what will eventually happen! BUT, I will say in MY case I have a LOT more fun running my SC then I do my 1/10th scale electric truck! Is it because it's such 'visual' fun????

How dissapointing.
Why so????? It LOOKS like a SC truck, it fits the ROAR SC box and if you want ultra cool graphics I'm sure there will be a LOT mor participation from the 'wrappers'!!!!

Originally Posted by nv529
lawsuit!
Over the name??? Doubtful - simply because it's NOT a generic name like 'Kleenex' or something like that!

The Slash chassis looks a bit better for this style of racing/bashing. I guess time will tell though.

and that's the point - NO one has put their hands on one or seen it on the track and already (just like the Strike) the naysayers on this site are bashing it!!!!

Also, the Slash looks 1,000,000,000x better than the HPI.
and opinions are like noses - we all have them!

Originally Posted by Dan
Dang, I was expecting something revolutionary coming from HPI. Oh well, I like the wheels/tires though.
Revolutionary??? I'm thinkin' that in this day and age a full metal gear tranny and a totally new tire design WITH BELTING might be considered revolutionary..... but my wife says I'm easily impressed!

BUT, seriously, I think this is just another example of what will in all probability be a LARGE number of new entrants in this class - some will try to play by the (ROAR) rules - others will plow new ground with vehicles that are not able to be raced in a ROAR enviornment. BUT, I seriously encourage you to 'grab your shorts' 'cause this is just the tip of the iceburg.

I hear talk that CEN has an SC8 conpetitor in the works and I'm sure they're NOT alone!!!!!

I for one plan to sit back, enjoy the ride and see what appears on the horizon - some will be good, some will be GREAT and others will be 'not so much'!!!!! For those of us who race, it's going to be a bit of a tough decision - for those who bash, a wide open playing field!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Initiate

I've got a slash, a SC10, and now I'm thinking the Blitz will be in my next lineup...thank goodness I got rid of one of my brushless 1/8 collection to make room for this...it is a slight comparison to the SC10 but a contender against the SC10...I like the way they beefed up the internals on the tranny, and adding the 12mm hex, but the wheels/tires are sick so realistic...hopefully it performs as well as it looks...maybe a soft compound...and I think they used a 15T motor to make it equivilant to a 13.5 brushless...I love the speed in these trucks.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Looks like I'll be adding to my short-course collection. I am really digging those tires and hope I can use them on my other trucks.

I would prefer a kit, but that's doubtful. That's a rare thing at HPI now.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

Originally Posted by Nickd18
i love the maxxis theme... but how much stff did they steal from the sc10? i mean losi almost cloned the slash and now hpi almost cloned the sc10.

who wants to bet they didnt get promission to use the maxxis stuff.. itll be just like there old copy bodies of the fords and stuff..
So how much cash are we betting...I expect crisp hundred dollar bills...

Yah...we just got the Maxxis logo from some random guy at Maxxis.... Not...

...oh and it's "permission"

Old 07-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Slash looks better than the Blitz.....really?

I think this is bad ass! Thankfully HPI followed suit w/ a more race oriented SC instead of another high CG basher.

Love the Maxxis theme, tires and wheels are sick.

I guess I won't be getting a Strike after all.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm excited to see how this performs!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

I actually like this truck. I have a slash and an sc10 and bolth are decent trucks. I don't like the high cg of the slash and the weak hinge pins. The sc10's plastic trans and shocks are not exactly top notch I allready blew my trans once. The blitz has all metal trans and looks to be more durable then my sc10. I may have to try it so far I like it allot.

Do the front wheels have 12mm hexes also? Like a slash? Another down side of the sc10 is the wheel mounting. You have to buy specific wheels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.