R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 619
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Arrow List of 1/8 Buggies & Brushless Systems

Hey guys I am compiling a list to try and make choosing a buggy and brushless system easier. Let me know if I missed anything.

Brushless Systems

Tekin
http://www.teamtekin.com/pm_8thscale.html

Tekno
http://www.teknorc.com/index.php?cPath=22_98

Novak
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/pr...less%20systems

Losi - Xcelorin
http://www.losi.com/Electronics/Motors_ESCs.aspx

Castle Creations
http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...le_motors.html

LRP
http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/electric-motors/car/

Speed Passion
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-Combo-2200kV

Hobbywing's EZRUN
http://www.hobbywing.com/english/Pro...em%20for%20Car


Buggies


Losi 8ight-E 2.0
http://www.losi.com/Products/Default...rodID=LOSA0806

Associated RC8e
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LNXDC1

Ofna Hyper 9e
http://www.ofna.com/hyper9e.php

Caster (looks like two or three choices)
http://casterracingusa.com/home.php

MRC
http://www.modelrec.com/rc-products/ZD-Racing-cars.asp





Nitro buggies that would need conversion kits if available. After further review pretty much any nitro 1/8th buggy can be converted to electric, just need to kit. Check http://www.rc-monster.com/.

Kyosho
http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...roup_id=100019

Mugen Seiki
http://www.mugenseiki.com/menueefi.htm

Cen Racing
http://www.cenracing.com/cenkits.html

Jammin
http://www.jamminproducts.com/index.htm

Last edited by ShibbyUTD; 07-24-2009 at 10:09 AM. Reason: fixing :)
ShibbyUTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
glassdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,250
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I can cut down the list of buggies for you

Caster EX-1 Pro
AE RC8e
Losi 8ightE
Ofna 9e

The HPI is 1/10 and the others are still smokers lol
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #3
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 619
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdoctor View Post
I can cut down the list of buggies for you

Caster EX-1 Pro
AE RC8e
Losi 8ightE
Ofna 9e

The HPI is 1/10 and the others are still smokers lol
Done.



I still need to decide what direction I want to go. Losi is just so dang expensive, hah...

Last edited by ShibbyUTD; 07-24-2009 at 04:36 PM.
ShibbyUTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
glassdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,250
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

There are a couple others out there, but not sure if they are on the shelves yet. Academy is the most recent I recall....
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 106
Default

Cen makes a decent buggy as well.

The Jammin buggies arent terrible.
__________________
Mini-Revo addict.
mutilatorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 619
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdoctor View Post
There are a couple others out there, but not sure if they are on the shelves yet. Academy is the most recent I recall....
Couldn't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilatorman View Post
Cen makes a decent buggy as well.

The Jammin buggies arent terrible.
Added, both nitro though.
ShibbyUTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:53 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
hakmazter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,468
Default

I see that you are a team terrible member, I think the choice just got exponentially easier....
__________________
I mass produced the first electric 1/8 scale buggy and truggy.
www.HopeWDM.org
I have thousands of dollars of caster racing inventory available.
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:18 AM   #8
Tech Champion
 
thecman26's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,753
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Even though its not a factory kit yet, I would add the Hotbodies D8 to that list obviously in the nitro class as well as electric class with a little work and parts!

I have raced my D8E several times, still getting it tamed down (with the mamba 2650 it is a handfull!) but the buggy itself is very easy to drive, I have been told this by several top notch local drivers! I am basically running the "box stock D8 setup"
__________________
Chris Keen: Viola, Kansas
Kyosho RZ6, TLR 22 3.0, TLR 4.0 SR (soon),& 22T 3.0
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!", Col. Sanders
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:57 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic
 
jmcvicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

OFNA 9.5 Pro conversion here - yet to race it, but it's solid.

You can convert any 1/8 using the right motor mount and adding a battery tray. www.rc-monster.com has a lot of good machined aluminum motor mounts.

You looking for just E-chassis setups or any 1/8 buggy?

There are other capable ESC/Motor setups - but not "brand label". You can check out EZ-Run 150A ESC and various motors from companies like Neu, Medusa, Fiego, etc. Another option is a 120A ESC at hobbycity.com.

If price is an issue... well this isn't the size and type of RC you want to be running. You will pay a minimum of $599 for "new" (up-coming MRC RTR). You can build up a conversion kit from a lower-priced used Roller + parts + good imported LiPos. My OFNA 9.5 setup with MMM + 2650 was under $600 to complete.

If you bought a new E-buggy kit, plus ESC/motor package + good radio and "brand name" LiPos (SMC, etc.) you're easily over $1100 at the LHS.

Last edited by jmcvicker; 07-24-2009 at 09:03 AM.
jmcvicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:58 AM   #10
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,451
Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default

Here is a link to the MRC / ZD Racing vehicles (this is what probably was meant by academy since MRC distributes Academy):

http://www.modelrec.com/rc-products/ZD-Racing-cars.asp

They have a 1/8 buggy and a 1/8 truggy on the way.

For brushless systems here is another:

Speed Passion 1/8 Silver Arrow

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-Combo-2200kV

One thing of note here though, on the actual schumacher website the KVs do not match what is stated on various sites selling it for the same product number.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< HB Racing D413 | Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #11
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 619
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcvicker View Post
OFNA 9.5 Pro conversion here - yet to race it, but it's solid.

You can convert any 1/8 using the right motor mount and adding a battery tray. www.rc-monster.com has a lot of good machined aluminum motor mounts.

You looking for just E-chassis setups or any 1/8 buggy?

There are other capable ESC/Motor setups - but not "brand label". You can check out EZ-Run 150A ESC and various motors from companies like Neu, Medusa, Fiego, etc. Another option is a 120A ESC at hobbycity.com.

If price is an issue... well this isn't the size and type of RC you want to be running. You will pay a minimum of $599 for "new" (up-coming MRC RTR). You can build up a conversion kit from a lower-priced used Roller + parts + good imported LiPos. My OFNA 9.5 setup with MMM + 2650 was under $600 to complete.

If you bought a new E-buggy kit, plus ESC/motor package + good radio and "brand name" LiPos (SMC, etc.) you're easily over $1100 at the LHS.
Added

And yeah for what I was looking it, it is like 1300... Think I may wait for next spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Here is a link to the MRC / ZD Racing vehicles (this is what probably was meant by academy since MRC distributes Academy):

http://www.modelrec.com/rc-products/ZD-Racing-cars.asp

They have a 1/8 buggy and a 1/8 truggy on the way.

For brushless systems here is another:

Speed Passion 1/8 Silver Arrow

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-Combo-2200kV

One thing of note here though, on the actual schumacher website the KVs do not match what is stated on various sites selling it for the same product number.
Done
ShibbyUTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #12
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 619
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
I see that you are a team terrible member, I think the choice just got exponentially easier....
Caster is on the list for sure. Just the website does not provide me with enough on the car itself. Just one JPG with a paragraph description.

EDIT --

click the zoom in link

Last edited by ShibbyUTD; 07-24-2009 at 05:00 PM.
ShibbyUTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #13
Tech Elite
 
hakmazter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibbyUTD View Post
Caster is on the list for sure. Just the website does not provide me with enough on the car itself. Just one JPG with a paragraph description.
Are you going to the casterusa site? If so, once you click on the car, there is a bigger picture on the left. Below the picture is a "click to zoom" box.

Click it please....
__________________
I mass produced the first electric 1/8 scale buggy and truggy.
www.HopeWDM.org
I have thousands of dollars of caster racing inventory available.
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #14
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 619
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

edit

Last edited by ShibbyUTD; 09-01-2009 at 08:41 PM.
ShibbyUTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:49 AM   #15
Tech Adept
 
brushedmaxx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 122
Default

do u guys think a a sidewinder 4600 would keep cool and have enough power for my hpi mt2
brushedmaxx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
list of brushless buggy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:25 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net