Wiki Posts
Search

RC10's

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default RC10's

Does anyone still run RC10's? I have a graphite chassis one and want to play with it in a stadium setting. I was wondering if anyone still plays with them and possibly even races them. It still handles like a dream and works very well. I just hate to kill it, but it's been staring at me on a shelf for ages. Anyone?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, if your track has a stadium truck class then you can race it in that class. I race my rc10gt all the time.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tacoracer
Yeah, if your track has a stadium truck class then you can race it in that class. I race my rc10gt all the time.
Still relatively easy to get parts? Right now I got a stock electric motor in it and it's pretty quick. Quiet and quick, gotta love it.

Last edited by jhwnissan; 07-16-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

I think I'm gonna run it anyway.. screw it. I'm finishing the chassis so it won't peel and it'll be good to go... weeeee!
Old 07-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

heck they have vintage series where eveyone races them if it still runs run it
Old 07-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I still run my 10t.

Brushless 10.5, lipo, and it flies. I recently put sc10 tires on it for fun. They are great for all terrain use and give it a little extra height.

As for the parts, between RPM and Tower hobbies, you can get almost every thing that you need.

Be careful with the tranny, they were not designed for the high power motors and batteries that are common today.

Back in the day they were designed for use with brushed motors and 1700nicad batteries.

A powerful motor and high mah battery will burn up the trannys quicker than that in a b4 or t4.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does RPM still make all the suspension stuff for the 10T??? That would be awesome, my truck is wore out! Do you think the A&L Lethal Weapon belt drive trans will handle modern motors?
Old 07-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I wouldnt use a belt dirve tranny, RPM makes one that actually gives a 2.65 ratio rather than the origional 2.25 (?) that came with it stock.

I have not been able to find shock towers anywhere, but my stock ones are still in good condition. Also my shock shafts and shock bodies are orgional as well. If you need shocks use ones from a T4.

If you need shock towers, and can find them, please pm me with a link so I can buy them to have as extras.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just bought a pair of NIP hard anodized rear shocks to replace my worn gold ones. I will keep my eye out for shock towers, my rear one is starting to crack. Are you on the old School RC10 forums at the AE website? http://www.aeforums.co.uk/forum/index.php?showforum=201
Old 07-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

I ran my my gold tub RC10 a couple practice sessions last winter and was pretty suprised. It could hang with the new stock buggies very well. I did have some reliability issues with minor stuff, old ball cups being brittle and what not, but nothing major. I think the old buggy could hang with the newer stuff on the indoor track that is run here in the winter.
It is not that much more heavy then the new buggies and with the power available today it is not a real issue, batteries are also lighter today with lipo's. The track is more narrow but I think with the right setup that is not something that will keep you out of the top 5.

The cool thing with running something vintage in the regular class is that everyone watches your car and is excited to see an old buggy do well. Working on getting my T2 up and going as well.

Parts are a bit of an issue, but epay is your friend. And with some mods B3 stuff can be made to fit. Rear wheels are a bit of a problem, but there are ways around that as well.

Give it a shot, with the right tune on the buggy it will suprise you...and it is fun.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:19 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i have a brace of them right now that i'm working on here and there. vintage elecs and all. was actually testing speedos 2nite before i go and replace the hacked up connectors with fresh 'futaba G' units like they were born with. even have a 'nesc-1'. yes the 1st 1 for the masses. also have near mint t-4 and a tekin mospower. workin on gettin the right pieces in futaba G to make a real nice clean piece for showcase and occasional light running. will go up alongside the blackfoot since they were the 2 cars of significance to me as a kid.

i have 2 6016s and 1 6035 (champ ed). the 2nd annual vintage nationals is going down in sept up in ct (RCHR). they have vids on youtube. the 1 fella ran his vintage team car with modern 4wd bugs and lapped the field!!!

yes parts are tough sometimes and in some cases its ideal to just snap up a spare car to use for parts. i'm on the hunt for a joel johnson speedworks stock motor like i had as a kid. that or a losi revolution stock (brown label). there are a few vintage junkies in here. but its all in good fun.

u can usually pick up newer shock parts to help you freshen up ur old units.

rubber seems to be the biggest enemy. jelly/kidney bean wheels are hard to come. moreso with good rubber on em. all those wheel size changes from 85-95 makes things interestin sometimes. at least most wheels back then were not glued so some things can be saved.

anyways good luck with ur project. perhaps run it for fun, driving it like u would a vintage car at a historics race. if i can get the time i need to get to vintage nats and the cars are doing ok...thats what i'll be doing. more 'touring' than 'racing'. in 1 instance i have 2 speedos mounted in the car on a temporary basis. the 1 is the show piece that i run almost not at all, and the 2nd is the 1 that does the work when i choose to drive it despite fact that both function.

R
Old 07-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...0GT/Categories

I just bought some new extra wide front axels, carbon fiber front and rear shock towers, and a few other parts from losi parts house. You can find pretty much everything for an rc10 there. And yes, RPM does still make parts for the rc10. I'm rolling with front and rear A-arms, rear bulkhead, front bumper, rear carrier hubs with 3/4 inch bearings, and heavy duty ball cups, all from RPM.