Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SCT CORR Truck Official Debate Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Duratrax, Kyosho, Academy, and maybe HPI. Did I leave any out?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So Losi comes out with a truck that looks some what like a Slash and now the SC10 is no longer considered a Short Course truck. Why do you ask, because its based off a T4 and not a monster truck. The Slash and Strike have similar chassis and the SC10 does not. This has caused a great debate between SC10 owners and Slash owners. So what makes a Short Course truck???

Some say that the Slash is at a great disadvantage to the SC10 even with identical running gear and tires.
I have raced both trucks back to back at a couple different races and the lap times are very close.............Advantage-tie

Some say that the Spec Short Course class need to stay as an affordable way to get into the hobby.
RTR SC10 is only 10-20.00 more than the Slash.........Advantage-Slash by $20.00

Some say that the Slash is more realistic looking and the SC10 is more like a T4 with no body roll..........

Not sure but it looks the same to me......Advantage-tie

Some say that the Losi truck is a better fit to the Spec Short Course class because its built more like the slash
I feel that the SC10 is built more like the Slash with the rear mounted motor, and identical foot print. The losi has a mid mounted motor, is longer, wider and as of now does not comply with the ROAR Short Course rules.........Advantage-SC10 (it is in compliance with the rules)

Once again can someone please tell me how AE ruined the Short Course class.

Can you also tell me why some tracks around the country will not allow SC10s to run with Slashes even if they have the same running gear.

I welcome all short course trucks and hope that other manufacturers come out with their own versions. I love racing this class and would like to see it grow.
To all you Slash die hards please don't fight it, let the class grow and get your friends and family involved. Variety is a good thing.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ephidelt490
Hopefully it's an electric Kyosho SCT!
Hellz yeah!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Then everyone can complain about getting beat by the KYOSHOI did ask Tebo at the nats.if they were comming out with one,All he said is "I dont know".I was hopen for more then that
Old 07-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can you also tell me why some tracks around the country will not allow SC10s to run with Slashes even if they have the same running gear.
A "Perceived Advantage"... that's all. It's sad really, because it just gives that guy an excuse. "He beat me with a better truck".... "Uh no genius, he beat you with his driving skills"

The guy that won BOTH MAINS in our combined CORR class, did it with a Slash. There IS NO big advantage, just a bunch of whiners who will blame ANYTHING but themselves for losing a race.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I think it would be cool if we had SCT style racing period here.

People fighting over what shoud or shouldn't be in the SCT style classes, should just be glad you have somewhere and something to race them at.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

All the Losi guys new about the strike comming out.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Those pics speak volumes.

Shoots down the whole "Slash looks more scale on the track" BS!

This class has a huge future, I just hope the discrimination against the SC10 can be set aside so the class can grow and not stagnate like every "spec" class in the history of the sport.

Every argument offered up my those Slash owners has been be dunked! Price is not an issue, the performance advantage is not an issue, appearing is not an issue.

Those Slash owners who just refuse to face the fact's are doing so out of spite IMO.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I wonder what people would say if I converted my E-Jato to a SC truck
Old 07-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Those wheels on the secret truck look killer. The whole rig looks very sleek. By the time our winter indoor electric season rolls around there are probably going to be 4-5 different types of trucks slugging it out.

Even though it seems fans of a certain brand of truck want to strangle the fans of another company, I think it's awesome. I've never seen such fierce brand loyalty in RC (at least it's been a very long time).It should make for very tough racing & lots of rubbing. Lots of people seem to really care (myself included) about this and it's a great thing.

Bring on the paint swapping!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by drperry
I wonder what people would say if I converted my E-Jato to a SC truck

If it fits the SCT dimensions, bring it.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim
Duratrax, Kyosho, Academy, and maybe HPI. Did I leave any out?
Tamiya, theirs would look the best...
Old 07-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Two words. Mud flaps.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Slash - Great truck. You can bash it and race it. Loads of fun.

SC10 - Full race truck for drivers who like to tune a lot. Can outperform the Slash under the right conditions. but it really is a driver skill thing.

Strike - Who knows, it's not out yet. Looks like a direct port of the Slash. Looks interesting.

I think just having multiple classes solves the problems with the SC10. You have an Open/SCT class and Slash/Strike? Spec class for the pure "stock" guys. I don't see a problem here.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
Tamiya, theirs would look the best...
Hell yeah they would.

sc10's suck. they are the worst, because I don't have one.

I can't which to get. I run a t4 so the sc10 would be a smooth transition but they break all the damn time. Everytime they go off the big jumps at our local track they snap the front of the chassis. The slash takes one hell of a beating although then I have to buy all new extra crap for it, and the radio sucks. Who knows about the strike yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.