Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Ask Gabe Boudreau Anything R/C Related... >

Ask Gabe Boudreau Anything R/C Related...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Gabe Boudreau Anything R/C Related...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Suspended

Post Ask Someone who DOESN'T Know :-)

Last edited by Gabe Boudreau; 10-23-2005 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Come flame me on www.gabeboudreau.com for $1.00 USD
Old 01-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

What kind of car did you drive? j/w
Old 01-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Sup Gabe LONG TIME NO SEE my man.Les from Dallas.How have you been man?Back with Losi or what?
I guess you know Greg just came back last year or so.You doing the same thing?
Everyone goes through that stage of School,College,Women.lol.
Welcome back man and goodluck to ya.
What are you running these days?
Old 01-12-2004, 03:10 AM
Suspended

Last edited by Gabe Boudreau; 10-23-2005 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:17 AM
Suspended

Last edited by Gabe Boudreau; 10-23-2005 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Your on all the forums. I remember you posting alot way back when on Tech Talks old message board but just disappeared into the wild blue yonder. When you going to get a AskGabe.com website? LOL
Old 01-12-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Yea Matt Lee Last year at a race in Oklahoma City Showed up with XXT and 2000 batteries and was racing with everyone.Top 3.
I wish these new guys would understand that all this new technology ISNT needed.If you need parts for the truck Im sure one of those guys have some sitting around.Expecially Derek Fruitloop.He keeps EVERYTHING.lol.Havent spoke to him in a while.
Well goodluck in the venture's and see you at the track.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:44 AM
Suspended

WWW.GABEBOUDREAU.COM

Last edited by Gabe Boudreau; 10-23-2005 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:53 AM
Suspended

negative..........positive...... > www.gabeboudreau.com

Last edited by Gabe Boudreau; 10-23-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

What advice would you give to the racer that is mostly a few seconds short of making the A main in a competitive field of 2wd modified (off-road), has a few stock class regional wins in his resume and wants to step it up a bit?
Old 01-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Suspended

Want to know what I think? Go sign up at www.gabeboudreau.com to read my thoughts and opinions.

Last edited by Gabe Boudreau; 10-23-2005 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

I understand what you are talking about on mental focus and thanks for the reminder. You can see the differences in the mental games of individuals while at races. However I don't think this is it for me maybe a bit but not to the extend you explained.

To answer the question on "[stepping] it up a bit, are you talking about National level, or World level." I thought about this last night some. I really have no intentions of attending a world event but I race with people that do and those are the guys I want to be competitive with at the local trophy races, local competitive tracks and such.

I think my main problem is that I don't get to race with the guys I want to be competitive with. I've been building a house over the last 10-12 months and not got to afford driving the 3+ hours to the "most competitive" tracks in the region. Locally I can safely say I dominate the field without being arrogant about it. In the future I guess to step it up I need to be attending more club races at these tracks to get better practice in.

However I think it's important to support the local tracks. If you was put into the same situation as I am, how would you better prepare for the trophy races that pull in better competition?
Old 01-15-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Gabe Boudreau?.....Gabe Boudreau? Hey! That guy owes me money!!!! (not really)

For those of you that may not remember, Gabe was the BEST announcer that So Cal ever had.

My favorite "Gabe Tall Tales" are the time that:

1) Gabe was in the announcers booth and started singing to the song being played over the PA just before the race. The song was that Gary Glitter song that goes "dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, HEY!".

Except that Gabe inserted "SLIM!" instead of HEY! The whole place came to a standstill and many racers were injured falling onto the floor laughing.

2) Gabe also got tired of guys hacking each other in stock buggy one night. After several weeks of this, Gabe had his fill. Before the first heat while the drivers were on the stand, Gabe told them that they had better keep it clean and show alittle respect for each other.

Well, as you might guess, they hacked each other to death. When the heat ended, Gabe told them they were ALL done for the night and to go home!

Some sniveler actually called Jim (owner) at home and complained that Gabe was being a big mean man. Jim came down, but didn't back Gabe.

I think that Gabe made a GOOD call!!! Maybe if more announcers had some calls like that, we would all drive cleaner and have more fun.

------------------
Well enough of the Glory days, when you coming home to race, Gabe? I like the thought of a new car. Gabe's dad was the FIRST to make a discharge cut-off switch!!!! I still have mine and the LIFETIME warrenty. Still got any of those left? Mine stopped working about a year ago.

Lee Caldwell
So Cal Raceway

Last edited by Graphitedust; 01-15-2004 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:38 AM
Suspended

www.gabeboudreau.com

Last edited by Gabe Boudreau; 10-23-2005 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:42 AM
Suspended

www.gabeboudreau.com

Last edited by Gabe Boudreau; 10-23-2005 at 04:07 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.