Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Ask Gabe Boudreau Anything R/C Related... >

Ask Gabe Boudreau Anything R/C Related...

Ask Gabe Boudreau Anything R/C Related...

Old 02-11-2004, 11:42 PM
Suspended

Default Re: Gabe Rocks

Last edited by Gabe Boudreau; 10-23-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Suspended

Default Re: Damm Gabe

.................................................. ...............................

Old 02-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Suspended

Old 02-13-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Don't call it a comeback...

Gabe--

It's real nice that you've decided to resurface and help people with their problems. Me, I'm 34 and have been just racing under a year. I race truck and buggy at SoCal and usually find myself somewhere in the middle to the pack of the pack in the A's. I do this for fun.

I would like to make one observation though...to me all of your talking about your past sounds a little sad to me. Now I know you're just trying to gain some crediblility with those who may not know who you are(including myself) but it get's to a point where it's "OK, we get that you were a top driver. Just stopping dropping the names and old wins."

1997 was 7 years ago....Hanson had a hit with "Mmmmbop." They were hot at the time but now couldn't even get arrested. (Don't get me wrong, Hanson sucks. Just trying to use a reference kids would understand.) What would it sound like to you if Hanson came back and just re-released the song and said "Remeber us and this great song?!?!" They'd get laughed back Hickville. I'm sure I can find at least a dozen other examples of "stars' from 1997 who we don't even know if they're alive or not. (We do know Notorious BIG, isn't though. So sad.)

My point is are you going to try and get to the top again or just sitting back and looking at the scapbooks with whoever wants to listen???

This isn't a judgement of your talent. You could definitly take me on the track any night...it's just an observation from someone looking at this from the outside.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:08 AM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Sometimes its nice to reminece

MY last off-road race was the Norrca nationals at MnM in 1997, Now you can call it what you want but I think its sweet that I can come to this place and find people who used to race at So Cal GG,

Peopple who remember these races I used to attend like Gabe, I do not read into him saying how great he was, I think a lot of what your reading into was him answering my questions, and a lot of what we've been talking about in the last few posts, was in that era.

Man we used to have like 5 tracks with in 25 mins of eachother, now all there really is is so cal, Hot Rod , and Pegasus, as far as I know and those 3 tracks are a pretty damm good distance away from eachother.

Despite that So cal used to have 14 to 16 heats on any given race night, I dont see it being quite as full as it used to be.

I was down at So cal the other night and although it may of been the track set up, there seemed to be very few clean drivers out there, I just dont remember things being that way, But hopefully I can get myself out there and see how it really is.

I used to race a lot for fun myself, but with all the big races that were in the area during that era, It made it all the more fun.

So cal has supercross now which is cool I guess, but I havent heard of any big norrca or roar race there since they moved to HB.

I love what Jimmy Babcock is doing with his series, and I think it's a lot becasue thats the way things used to be in the mid 90's and all that just fadded away over the past few years.

I'm just saying I dont see Gabe braging here, but I garuntee if you give joel johnson or some old guy a car he will be right out there in the worlds A main soon enough.

Joel Johnson took somthing like 4 years off of off-raod racing, didnt touch a car, Losi sent him to the worlds and he TQ'd the damm race, personally I dont care when you were fast, if you were fast, you were fast, and other then old age, or major brain injury you can still be fast again.
Old 02-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default Gabe

Well, wish me a happy 46th bro!
Old 02-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Suspended

Default ...

Last edited by Gabe Boudreau; 10-23-2005 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Cool thread Gabe..
Old 02-13-2004, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Gabe--

I must say that you've answered my post with style and class.

Your answers alone show what the youngsters in this hobby should strive for. Instead of taking it as a personal attack (which it wasn't and you didn't) you answered with maturity and honesty.

I think that any factory that wouldn't make you a 'captain' of thier team is foolish. Take your widsom Gabe and pass it on.

Like to meet you one day and take you and the girls out for a night. (You know, bring you up to Hollywood on a Hollywood budget!)

Old 02-14-2004, 01:44 AM
Suspended

Arrow

Last edited by Gabe Boudreau; 10-23-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 01:51 AM
Suspended

Talking ...

Last edited by Gabe Boudreau; 10-23-2005 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 02:17 AM
Suspended

Arrow .

Old 02-14-2004, 10:32 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Nice

Nice job
Old 02-14-2004, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Gabe,

I have two kids now! The chances of me being able to go anywhere outside of OC are Slim to none, and Slim left. I can try. I need to know the race nights and times.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:33 AM
Suspended

Default .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.