Slipperential ? what do you think now ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slipperential ? what do you think now ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Sylvéris

Default Slipperential ? what do you think now ?

Hi, I would like to see your comments about the Slipperential.
I know there are some new parts, which make it more reliable...
Is it right now ? Do you think this is a good way to protect our ESCs/Motors...???
Thanks

Old 07-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just ordered one this week as I have been waiting on the sidelines just like you. My brother has one and seems to like it. He is using it on a Kyosho WC777 buggy and had to use a few shims to make it work.

I know, Randy Pike loves his and that was a reason for me to feel confident in it. One of the issues that some people have are the out drives and that the initial ones made are a little large for buggy & truggy center cvd. This causes much quicker wear to the out drives and the vehicles center cvd as there is more slop than the stock diff. I had spoken to RC Monster Mike this week and he stated that he was going to have a new set of out drives in then next couple of weeks to address this issue.

For now, I know there are a few folks who have used slightly modded Xray and RC8 out drives with great results. I ordered a set of RC8 out drives to use when I put my slip diff together.

Other than that, no other issues to report. I have checked the slipperential forum on www.rc-monster.com and everyone else seems to be happy. Good luck with your decision.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:21 AM
Sylvéris

Ok thank you,
I know there was a problem with the diff cups but now it's ok.
I was sure there were many users of it and happy users but there are not so many answers !!!!!
Nobody wants to comment the slipperrential use ? I would like to know if it's reliable or if we have to order many parts to often rebuild it ? Does the set-up remain constant ?
Thanks

Last edited by Sylvéris; 07-14-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Sylvéris

Nobody ?

Old 07-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sylvéris
Nobody ?
I saw a post somewhere where a guy claimed he was having to rebuild his every race day or every other race day. I don't know if his was set wrong or if mine is set wrong because I've run mine five different days and it is still running strong, no problems.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Mine is running good after 7 or so race days. It even came with 2 extra sets of outdrives.