RC8Te Setups needed and Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)
Default RC8Te Setups needed and Questions

Looking online I cannot seem to find any Setup sheets for the RC8Te
Diff weights, Gearing, etc. etc..

Anyone got some good setups or even tips to go on?

Also, with the conversion, or E kit roller, I see people complain about the battery tray size. One fix was to simply install the Losi tray... is this fairly bolt in replacement?
Old 07-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

If you haven't already got your RC8Te and are concerned with battery pack size, give the RC8T conversion from RC Monster a look. I have this on my RC8T that I am selling (too many classes) and it really balances the vehicle out as they move the diff over. Very nice and can be used with long packs too.

For setup, I ran pretty much what they do for a nitro setup using the Castle Creations 2200Kv combo. I just upped the center diff 1 level higher (10K instead of 7K) and it worked out quite well.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Rookie

14/54 for most medium size tracks

Last edited by Fast RC8Te; 11-30-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a RC8t Factory team that I converted with the Associated rc8 conversion kit. I run it with a Mamba monster max set up. I have been running two max amps 5250 two cell lipos which I have no problem fitting in the battery tray side by side. I have also run two 6500 max amps lipo which I fit in the tray but I have to lay them flat on on top of each other.I only really use the 6500 for mains over 20 minutes because their really heavy. As far as the set ou goes I run 7000 in front, 10,000 centre and 5000 rear. I find this set up works great for quick cornering. As far as suspension goes I run black spring on the rear and silver front with associated 55 weight oil all around. I almost forgot I run 15/50 gearing. I found this gearing to have good torq down low and a nice top end. Best of all temps after 15 minutes are around 145-150 degrees. Hope this helps.