Wiki Posts
Search

Common Sense Rc Lipo Shield

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Common Sense Rc Lipo Shield

I just found this cut off and was wondering if anyone has used this for ground applications? it mostly mentions planes and stuff.. but since im running a slash and this says you can use it with older ESC's makes me wonder if this is finally a solution for a lipo cut off for a slash.

Clicky Link for product
Old 07-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

First time I've seen that one - the "soft" cutoff thats good for planes since it lets you land may not be noticeable until too late to protect your lipo in a surface vehicle, it depends on how you're driving and whether you're paying close attention. If you not using full throttle, seems like this would be hard to notice until it gets less "soft".

Since no one seems to understand why the prob occurs with Slash stock esc, this may or may not work. There is an audible/flashing LED type that does not run off the esc that will work, but its not looked upon kindly since its not a cutoff, but just an alarm.

Post some feedback if you try it out.