Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
1/10 4WD Mod buggy 1/8 Nitro Buggy track width questions?? >

1/10 4WD Mod buggy 1/8 Nitro Buggy track width questions??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 4WD Mod buggy 1/8 Nitro Buggy track width questions??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 05:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Questions?? 1/10 4WD Mod buggy 1/8 Nitro Buggy track width questions??

I have been running 1/8 buggy for the last year. I noticed that on the 4wd mod buggies the rear wheels are wider then the front. I understand the concept behind this however I wanted to hear from people that have experimented with running 4 of the same wheels/tires vs narrow fronts then rear tires ect....

What I am trying to get at is why 1/8 nitro buggies dont run a comparable set-up. I was going to mess around with it this week, but i know asking the question would save me some time. I wanted to get some real input from some people that have experience trying both, hopefully on 1/8 nitro and 1/10 electric mod buggy.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Even though they're both 4wd and mid motor/engine layouts 1/8th and 1/10th electric are very different. 1/8th has a center diff, no drag braking, MUCH more mass (8lb vs. about 3.5lb), no one way and different weight distribution. The heavy sway bars used on 1/8th are an indication of how different they are.

At the last world's some of the tire makers inched closer to what you're talking about, VP Pro and Proline both brought out wider wheel and tires (Proline's are called "V3") that some ran on the rear for more grip/stability. They're not legal for ROAR based racing but that's not an issue at most club tracks.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Default info

There are some good tid bits of info there. I havent done it yet but I am curious if anyone has set-up there track width and tire widths on an 1/8 comprable to a 1/10 mod buggy?

Originally Posted by Davidka
Even though they're both 4wd and mid motor/engine layouts 1/8th and 1/10th electric are very different. 1/8th has a center diff, no drag braking, MUCH more mass (8lb vs. about 3.5lb), no one way and different weight distribution. The heavy sway bars used on 1/8th are an indication of how different they are.

At the last world's some of the tire makers inched closer to what you're talking about, VP Pro and Proline both brought out wider wheel and tires (Proline's are called "V3") that some ran on the rear for more grip/stability. They're not legal for ROAR based racing but that's not an issue at most club tracks.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Default 1/8 ?

I would like to hear from someone that has used wide rear offset hubs or really wide wheels like V3 in the rear

And a thinner tire in the front.

I am just curious how much different it would hanndle