Wiki Posts
Search

Power Racing Swift

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Power Racing Swift

I work at my local hobby store and even though we have had this buggy in the store for a month I never took the time to look at it. I gave it a good look today and man for the money that buggy looks great!! Do any of you guys race them? How do they compare to the Kanai's and the Mugens? It looks like a Mugen ripoff but it has a ton of stuff on the buggy that are upgrades on other cars. The best part to me is that parts are very easy to get ....So far anyway. Let me know what you guys think!
Old 01-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Yep, we've been. PRP headquarters is local and they stocked our lhs with tons of parts. Customer service is one of the boys. Fellow racer and now working and a big part of PRP. Been doing very well locally with or without stock pullstart engine. Getting better every week and looking forward for more great products fron this company. Many thanks to Bensonn,Cameron and Roger. Great job guys. I have one and seems to be better each time out.HAPPY TIME.................................
Old 01-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Still a lot of questions out there. You hear people say an exact copy of the MBX or Kanai in some way. Let's say that if an MBX and a KANAI gets married and have a baby. They'll call the baby SWIFT.....lol!!
Old 01-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Thumbs up

I am also a new Swift owner. I have been racing since 97 (mostly electric on-road/off-road) and have had my fair share of kits. Losi's, Associated's, Trinity's, Kawada's, Ofna's, Tamiya's, Kyosho's, etc, etc, etc. A few days ago I saw this buggy at my LHS and was VERY IMPRESSED. I have had my Kinwald Edition buggies, my Graphite Plus trucks, and I have to say the quality was very good. If it was ARR without engine/radio/servos, I would have bought it on the spot.

I called up happytime (the distributor) and asked about an ARR version. The gentleman on the phone had to be nicest fellow I have spoken with that was affiliated with RC, or better yet anything for that manner. Very pleasant, caring and helpful. He was able to accomodate me. Through my LHS, I ordered and ARR Swift for $299.99.

It will be here tomorrow. He already gave me instructions to locktite everything--including the universals.

I am pretty new to gas and completely new to 1/8 scale buggies. I will be on here alot with tuning/setup questions and I hope we can generate a very informative thread like there is for more prevalent cars.

It would be great to make RCTECH a home for the Swift, but currently the rcnitrotalk forums seem to have largest Swift following.

Other than locktite-ing all metal-to-metal parts, is there anything else I should do to get it race-ready? Right after I break my engine in I will be racing at the track (this Sunday), so I want to get everything set.

The last time I raced competitively was nearly 2 years ago. I am so psyched to be back in it!

See ya around!

Last edited by racer rich; 01-08-2004 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Swift Rtr

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS BUGGY?
ALSO IS A O.S. .21RG MOTOR ANY GOOD FOR RACING?

SOMEONE WANTS TO SELL ME ONE OF THESE BUGGIES WITH A HITEC METAL GEAR HIGH TORQUE SERVO AND THE OS MOTOR WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Old 12-24-2004, 02:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Swift

Swift is a good car for its price consider what it come with
Old 12-24-2004, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Swift is a good buggy for its price.
For the RTR version, beside some locktite stuff, it is better off to change the steering servo at least. 94102 that swift come with is incapable to give good handling.
It you can find the Swift Pro which i saw in HK, if you can find one, that come with all the upgrade like prospec MBX. you won't go wrong with it
I feel sad to sell mine and get a 450US MBX