Wiki Posts
Search

tire pins

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tire pins

ok i hope you know what im talking about. the pins that locks the tires to the shaft to make the spin. i keep braking them i have adjusted settings over and over and i still keep braking them. are there high temped pins or something i can buy so im don go throw them so fast. i mean 5 bucks a month ant back seen as you get like 30 in a bag but still
Old 06-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i havent heard of anyone braking them but u can bend them..is that wat u mean? if thats wat u mean u might just not be getting the pin in the slot on the tires
Old 06-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

no im braking them, when i pulled the stock tires off i have broke the right side broke the 4 way thing on the wheel on the left side but did not brake the pin. i wish i had a cam so i can up load pics. it my evader that is doing it

when you bend them are you able to hold the dog bone and spin the tire freely? i can
Old 06-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

on most tires there is only 1 slot not 2...what kind of rims are they?
Old 06-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

stock rim for the evader there dish rims but they are the ones that where on it right out of the box. and whats funny is i have slicks on it and im running it on a slick surface and they are hooking up really go believe it or not, im able to pull the front tires off the ground about a 1/4 of an inch. i can do it 2 or 3 times before the right side pin brakes and it was about the 10th pin is when i fond the damage to the left side. and there are 2 slots like i said a 4 way. its odd and the ppl at my hobby shop can seem to know what to do about it. other then sell me more pins, then again its a big hobby shop with a small rc car spot.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

are you useing the roll pins or the solid pins.if they are the roll pin style get some solid ones for it.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

+1 solid pin, then set your slipper a lil looser!
Old 06-19-2009, 05:46 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wow, the spelling in this thread is awesome.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
Wow, the spelling in this thread is awesome.
Now there's a productive comment, thanks for playing!

+1 on the solid pins, they should solve your problems. Keep in mind they'll be more likely to slip out of the hole in the axle since they're not springy like the roll pins.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Check your hubs if there is too much play with the hub and the pin under power it will rock and break the pins. also the solid pins are much stronger and will hold up to alot more abuse.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by adam lancia
Now there's a productive comment, thanks for playing!

+1 on the solid pins, they should solve your problems. Keep in mind they'll be more likely to slip out of the hole in the axle since they're not springy like the roll pins.
Well Mr. Condescending,

I suppose he could use a roll pin with a needle inserted through the hole, that is what I used when I found that regular roll pins were not enough. For the solid pin, he could use a needle to apply a little blue loctite it the hole that the pin goes through. That way the pin will not fall out when he takes the wheels off. If he needs the loctite cured faster he could use the heat from a lighter to cure the loctite faster (be carefull that you do not melt the hub carrier).

Trust me dude, you don't want to get into an advice battle with me. I have been doing this hobby since I was 7 years old. I may have learned a thing or two on the way. Or could it be the last five years I have spent working on 60 million dollar aircraft for the government? Either way when you want to start talking talking sheer strength of steel in relation to the temperature that the material was tempered at and the relationship to the carbon content of the steel, go ahead and let me know.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

hey thinks for the help. when i got in to work i brought my car to work and got ss steal tig rod that is tit i had to push it throw with a press and played with it at work and ran the bosses foot over. once he seen how fast it went he wonted to play with it, and we ended up playing with it till the battery died.

the prob im having now is my right rear shock keeps coming undone and shooting oil all over the play. when im jumping a ram that is only 3in high and 12in long its not like its a big ramp.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by shinta
hey thinks for the help. when i got in to work i brought my car to work and got ss steal tig rod that is tit i had to push it throw with a press and played with it at work and ran the bosses foot over. once he seen how fast it went he wonted to play with it, and we ended up playing with it till the battery died.
Funny I did the same thing on Friday. I got to work with my buggy in my car and was showing it to my co workers when my boss shows up and says that he wants to see the thing run. He was impressed with the speed (I only run a 13.5 brushless set up). I too snapped a drive pin in my axle at the track later that day. I just took a nail cut the head and tip off, cut it to length and it has worked fine.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
Well Mr. Condescending,

I suppose he could use a roll pin with a needle inserted through the hole, that is what I used when I found that regular roll pins were not enough. For the solid pin, he could use a needle to apply a little blue loctite it the hole that the pin goes through. That way the pin will not fall out when he takes the wheels off. If he needs the loctite cured faster he could use the heat from a lighter to cure the loctite faster (be carefull that you do not melt the hub carrier).

Trust me dude, you don't want to get into an advice battle with me. I have been doing this hobby since I was 7 years old. I may have learned a thing or two on the way. Or could it be the last five years I have spent working on 60 million dollar aircraft for the government? Either way when you want to start talking talking sheer strength of steel in relation to the temperature that the material was tempered at and the relationship to the carbon content of the steel, go ahead and let me know.
Deleted what I had said, wasn't appropriate.