Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Buggy or truck? which is more durable?? >

Buggy or truck? which is more durable??

Buggy or truck? which is more durable??

Old 01-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Buggy or truck? which is more durable??

I am possibly looking into getting a 1/10th truck or buggy, brand makes no difference I just want to know which is more durable?? BTW: this is for racing....

Trucks weight more and have much more weight at the ends of the suspension arms which would make me tend to believe that it would sacrifice durability in the suspension......

However Buggies by vertue of their lighter weight and rotating mass accelerate faster, which inturn increases their terminal velocity..... which also makes me believe that they could be less durable.....

But Trucks have so much more suspension to get caught on things, which would hurt their durability..........

However Buggies........... see where I'm going here..... Please help!! BTW: I like the looks of both which doesn't help one bit!!!!!
Old 01-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

get a truck and stop worrying...
Old 01-01-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

This is not even close.

Go watch a race and see which class has more breakage.

I have seen mod tracks hit a wall at full yank and drive away without a scratch.

I have seen buggies barely clip a pipe and tun into three wheelers.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

uh i have a 21 t-maxx and i just bought a 1/8 hyper 7 pro this year, ive spent almost zero dollars in parts for the buggy as the t-maxx ive hundreds, 1/8 scale buggys are way more durable then a t-maxx.

ps . i have crashed my buggy way harder then i have crashed my t-maxx in 3 years and the only part i broke was the front bumper, from about 4 run ways i had into light posts, lumber, cement posts, and what not.

Last edited by injection; 01-01-2004 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Get whichever you want to drive, don't base your decision solely on which you, or anyone else, thinks is more durable. Most of the buggies and trucks out right now are very durable, but as you know, anything will break if you crash hard enough. Nothing is unbreakable.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by injection
uh i have a 21 t-maxx and i just bought a 1/8 hyper 7 pro this year, ive spent almost zero dollars in parts for the buggy as the t-maxx ive hundreds, 1/8 scale buggys are way more durable then a t-maxx.

ps . i have crashed my buggy way harder then i have crashed my t-maxx in 3 years and the only part i broke was the front bumper, from about 4 run ways i had into light posts, lumber, cement posts, and what not.
That has nothing to do with what I asked.....

BTW: Ofna buggies are way more durable than T-maxxes, especially a .21 maxx......

I am asking about trucks and buggies like the B4, T4, XXX BK2, XXX-T MF......
Old 01-02-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by injection

Uh, good job dude.

Try reading the question next time.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Old 01-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

BTW IMPACTPLAYR,

I have a XXXT MF and it is just about bullet proof. It is rare that I ever buy anything for it. I replace A-arms because they last so long they start to develop slop.

I used to race a XXX BK and it was just more fragile. For the most part it was just the front A-arms and shock towers.

Some people say the B4 is better in this regard but all buggies have exposed shock towers.

Speedydave is pretty much right though. If buggies turn you on then you should run them. We are not talking about chronic breakage here. I sold mine not because of breakage but because I decided to start running 4wd mod (they break even more) and I didn't have time to run 3 classes.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

Everyone here is right, it is personal preferance of what you would have fun driving. But the facts show from experience that trucks are in fact stronger than buggies. Hope you get what pleases you, and you wont be disappointed with a truck.
Old 01-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

ah, i must Apologies. im supper tired latly
Old 01-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Buggy or truck? which is more durable??

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
I am possibly looking into getting a 1/10th truck or buggy, brand makes no difference I just want to know which is more durable??
i have a T4 and the new BK2... i suggest you choose which 1 you prefer to drive, or which class is more popular in your track.

my only complain about the T4 is the front shock towers, i think AE or an after market company should beef it up.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

i am seriously concidering the BK2.... or the MF2 if that comes out before I get the new car..... then agian I may just go with THE DRAKE....
then I can do dirt oval and off-road during the summer..... HMMMMM
Old 01-04-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
i am seriously concidering the BK2.... or the MF2 if that comes out before I get the new car..... then agian I may just go with THE DRAKE....
then I can do dirt oval and off-road during the summer..... HMMMMM

can't go wrong with the BK2... handling and durability!
Old 01-08-2004, 05:05 AM

to anwser the question asked, at truck is more durable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.