Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMC rep, I have a bone to pick with you

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Who from SMC said it work? An LHS employee is not an SMC rep. Hopefully Danny from SMC sees this stupid thread and chimes in. And it's USER ERROR anyways... the user needs to understand the battery requirements of his gear, once established make an educated buying decision.

OK.. I'll stop feeding the troll.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Freezebyte
Well the batteries I have are SMC Lightning Volts 3400 ah 18c and the manufacturer swears it will run the flux without harming the esc, they say they have tested it at length and no problems so far. My lhs also agrees with them so I guess I will continue to run them untill the new ones make it into town.
I really doubt Danny or any of his employee's and or team drivers would have told him a budget 18C pack is smart to use in a 10+ lb monster truck.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by abailey21
I really doubt Danny or any of his employee's and or team drivers would have told him a budget 18C pack is smart to use in a 10+ lb monster truck.
+1
Old 06-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What i dont understand.... why is this post here where the SMC rep cannot see it .. when it should be in the SMC threads down below in the MFg section?
Old 06-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

OP you sir are a tool plain and simple and fellow tools like yourself are what drove me running from retail.

The original reason for the post was a blown tranny not a blown ESC.
So then you go in the tread saying not to use the 18C batteries and the OP repies "The lhs assured me that despite the 18c the batteries would meet the esc's needs. I'll look into it further but for now that was the best in town, the 6500 40c are on order."

So as everyone else has asked, where was SMC's involvement?

And don't link another post somewhere else that doesn't directly relate to the topic.

Also, the he said crap doesn't fly, unless you can show a post where an actual rep says it's ok- it's all BS.

"I talked to Danny on the phone and he said I was the best driver he'd ever seen"

See how that works?

Last edited by TwoTone; 06-03-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Either im full of misinformation or this guy is a disaster waiting to happen. Doesn't HPI AND Castle Creations state that a 25C rating is a minimum safe requirement to power the MMM without having to worry about power flucuations that could fry it? Either this guy is misinformed, or you guys at SMC's have poorly informed rep thats giving people incorrect information and me and many other Flux owners would like an explanation for this.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_88...tm.htm#8822517

Why again do you care so much?

Its someone elses car on a different forum...

Seems to me like some built up anger towards SMC from something else.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Old 06-03-2009, 01:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TwoTone

"I talked to Danny on the phone and he said I was the best driver he'd ever seen"
Danny is a smart man, cause you sir, are the bee's knee's!
Old 06-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TwoTone
OP you sir are a tool plain and simple and fellow tools like yourself are what drove me running from retail.
Oh yeah, and name calling is just so mature as well. Look in the mirror first kettle.

Originally Posted by bradfox2
Why again do you care so much?

Its someone elses car on a different forum...

Seems to me like some built up anger towards SMC from something else.
Because I am concerned customer that wants some straight answers so I can protect my invesment in this expensive hobby equipment.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh yeah, and name calling is just so mature as well. Look in the mirror first kettle.

Because I am concerned customer that wants some straight answers so I can protect my invesment in this expensive hobby equipment.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by porkey
+100000000
Old 06-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by porkey
If my "tooling" saves others the fustration of destroying their Savage Flux, then it's worth your insults
Old 06-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

You should maybe think about retracting that letter...
Old 06-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

If my "tooling" saves others the fustration of destroying their Savage Flux, then it's worth your insults
You can't save the world from stupidity. Calling out SMC was a stupid idea on your part. Next time get your facts straight.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kingkongzilla
You should maybe think about retracting that letter...
I have already recieved and appropriate response from them.

Dear Freezebyte,

I'm sorry that I didn't receive your email here as I have an email address not listed on our website. I'm assuming that you are talking about our 5200mAh 24C 2s 7.4v hardcase pack, part # 5224LD. This pack has been used by myself and another employee for several months now in the Savage FLUX with zero issues. HPI has several of these packs and have tested them with zero issues. Our "C" rating is different from other battery company "C" rating as our manufacturer uses 90% capacity retention when measuring the "C" rating. Other companies use between 70% and 80%, making there "C" rating look much higher than it actually is. If Castle Creations wants to test some of our LiPo's, or all of them for that matter, and make an evaluation of what does and does not work from the SMC line then we are more than willing to send them every style pack that can be used with the MMM. If I or we have given any information as to what we have used or what HPI has used with nothing but good results, this is our evaluation and we post our results. We can't speak for "C" ratings from other companies, but, ours is a TRUE "C" rating. If you would like any more information on our products, please email our owner directly, [email protected]

I'm glad our 6028LD has made a good impression on you. It is a very good pack.

Sincerely,

Bryan @ SMC a.k.a.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.