Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thorp Diagram for Blackfoot... Anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Thorp Diagram for Blackfoot... Anyone??

Ok, I am STILL having a problem with the diff gear loosening up. I even went as far as to buying another one and its doing the same thing.
Someone told me (and thank you again) that I might have it in backwards but I tried all ways of putting the gears in with the same results.
Can someone direct me to a link on how these gears go into the blackfoot or mabey have any pics or suggestions?
I dont want to have to bring it to my local hobby shop for them to find something stupid im doing and charge me for it.

Thanks again for everyones advice.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Here you go, it took about 30 seconds on google to find this. If you look at the diagram it says which side is the left and which side is the right. Did you buy these diffs new or used? Did they come with the same directions that I posted? You could try putting a little blue loctite on the screw. If you do the loctite option make sure to put the whole left side of the diff together, including the screw. Put the loctite on the screw after you have inserted it through the diff, that way you won't get thread lock on the thrust bearing. Although if you glob a bunch of loctite on the screw it will probably mess your diff up. In other words, only use a little thread lock. You might have ALOT more luck over on http://www.rc10talk.com it is a site geared specifically towards vintage rides, they even have a Tamiya section. You could also check out http://www.tamiyaclub.com
Attached Thumbnails Thorp Diagram for Blackfoot... Anyone??-30secondsongoogle.jpg