Community
Wiki Posts
Search

chargers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

theres a love hate to every thing. trust me i should know i ask around at the tracks and some ppl like them others down, they never give a reason. just like my im the sweet guy you would every met but some ppl just dont like.

help me out with something here, exp to me how the battery plus motor = rpm works i was reading on another board and not its got me wondering.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by shinta
theres a love hate to every thing. trust me i should know i ask around at the tracks and some ppl like them others down, they never give a reason. just like my im the sweet guy you would every met but some ppl just dont like.

help me out with something here, exp to me how the battery plus motor = rpm works i was reading on another board and not its got me wondering.
Well Castle creations uses the kV rating system. Others rate with turn. I dont know how to convert turn to kV but theres a way.

Voltage x kv = maximum unloaded rpm and i think thats @ 1amp, unloaded.

So depending on the battery you use you can affect your rpm. I have a mamba max 7700.

7700 x 7.2v = 55440
7700 x 8.4v = 64680
7700 x 7.4v = 56980
I change batteries and change my maximum rpm. Although the lipo puts out more current. So it will reach that speed much faster.

And says not to but 7700 x 11.1 = 85470
The 3s approved 5700 would be 5700 x 11.1 = 63270

But the 5700 goes higher top end because it can actually acheive a higher rpm cause of the higher amperage availability. The 7700 would be rated higher but it but would have issues drawing that amount of amps. The rating only tells you what the max is. Doesnt tell you under load. And under loaded conditions amperage produces more torque.

So the 7700 may have a higher unloaded rating but the 5700 can draw more amps and has a higher achievable rpm with the 3s. However if the 7700 was capable of slow starting a 3s and not loading the motor it could, in theory, still achieve higher speed. But i cant say for sure till i try it. It will probably be a while but i do plan to get around to it. I think i might first try it on my t3 then if thats successful try the t4. Wouldnt really mind breaking the t3. Id prefer not but my curios nature is probably gonna make me. lol
Old 05-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Shinta,

If you're in a budget and want a good charger, take a look at this

http://www.nitrorcx.com/thac6smlibac.html

They're restocking in a couple of weeks. Do a google search on Thunder AC6 and you'll find a lot of good reviews.

Personally though I use the Hyperion Duo II, why? Bec. they were out of stock with the AC6 for the loooongest time which gave me time to save for a badass charger
Old 05-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok i under stand a bit more just asking i would be able to use the 11.1 on the 6000kv motor i have right or should i go with the 7.4, all so how many cells are in the 7.4, i know there are 3 in the 11.1.
if i can find and pick on up cheap once i get a charger i think i might haft to try what you talking about out, might not be the same motor but the same kv see what happen or even my 6000 i got now if i brake it i buy a new one the next time i have the money.

hey i here that i think im going to go with the one i was looking at the ove 240 i think its on page one.