Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Old School

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Old School

hey everyone. ive got a kyosho ultima. its solid but rough. needs a body. shock spring clamps. speed control. proly new tires. was looking to make a back yard basher but im having second thoughts. i also thought about converting it to a sideways but they are just as hard to find and probably more expensive to source parts for. also had the idea to turn it into a truggy. then a buddy of mine said that he can proly make me a driveable ta rc10t out of all the spare parts he has and sell it to me for $30. thought mabye i should sell the ultima to a willing and able restorer or trade for a truck or truggy. torn between many options have a very limited budget as to what i can do with the ultima and what i can spend on new equiment should i choose that route. anyone got any advice for me?

thanks
Gibbs
Old 05-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I would suggest u sell it n get a new basher, if u try to make it work n bash it u will have problems getting parts n spend more $

Originally Posted by gibbsrcing
hey everyone. ive got a kyosho ultima. its solid but rough. needs a body. shock spring clamps. speed control. proly new tires. was looking to make a back yard basher but im having second thoughts. i also thought about converting it to a sideways but they are just as hard to find and probably more expensive to source parts for. also had the idea to turn it into a truggy. then a buddy of mine said that he can proly make me a driveable ta rc10t out of all the spare parts he has and sell it to me for $30. thought mabye i should sell the ultima to a willing and able restorer or trade for a truck or truggy. torn between many options have a very limited budget as to what i can do with the ultima and what i can spend on new equiment should i choose that route. anyone got any advice for me?

thanks
Gibbs
Old 05-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
I would suggest u sell it n get a new basher, if u try to make it work n bash it u will have problems getting parts n spend more $
I restored my 10T for way more than you can buy a new rtr, and I didnt have any electronics.

Save up and buy something new that you can actually have parts readily available for.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

DO NOT sell it. Restore it and make it a once a month sunday cruizer on some sand.

Buy something new and enjoy the hobby.

If you sell something like that now what would you have for memerys 40 years from now =] you have a collecter so I suggest you enjoy the history
Old 05-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Rookie

well i think im going to save my pennies and get something different to bash with. local rc shop has a line on some parts for me but i talk to him and he said that id be better off to get something else. also found my old wild willys jeep in my parents attic.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Rookie

alright so here is the update. went to rc10t route. my buddy upped the deal. he needed some stuff i had and he wanted to get rid of it. got a ready to run rc10t less receiver and controller witch i have for trade, no jack out of pocket.
so i believe that i will now put the ultima on the shelf and look at it. the local rc guy also suggested i go this route. he also informed me that he could easily and pretty cost effectively get me parts for the rc10t witch he cannot do for the ultima. i may be looking into getting a grasshopper also from another friend. and gotta get the wild willys jeep out of the attic. thanks for all the advice any more would be appreciated also. thanks

gibbs