Wiki Posts
Search

4wd kit for racing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AE BT
Hes not saying its a cheap kit quality wise. But it is the cheapest of the three. I believe the Tamiya is $500+ quite a bit of money, but the b44 is the cheapest of the three he compared and is an excellent buggy. I would recomend it for anyone!
He clairified that for me a couple of posts ago. I confused cheap (meaning crappy) and inexpensive in his post, my fault.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CockyDuck
Hey Guys,

Pardon me for my ignorance. I am also considering hard for a racing 4wd between b44 and kyosho. Appreciate if anyone can kindly elaborate a bit more detail on the diffference on the consistency, settings and drive of the two cars? Damn hard to choose when I have no detailed clues to them.

Thanks
I have owned a ZX 5 and currently a B44.

For me - the biggest difference was the build.

The B44 took less time and the directions were easier to understand.

The Shocks on the Kyosho are superior by all means.

The Kyosho has less room on the chassy and under the body than the B44.

With the Kyosho I had to use a slimmer profile steering servo and could not use the fan on my GTB. Where as in the B44 I was able to use a standard size servo and use the fan on the GTB.

Kyosho uses a stick pack, with the exception of the newest one, B44 uses saddle packs.

Parts are more readily available, and usually in stock at most local hobby shops.

The B44 comes with tires, the Kyosho comes with out tires.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is he wanting to run stick packs or saddle packs? That was what narrowed down the choices for me. I already had three lipo's and to go with a b44 I would have had to purchase a saddle pack. I wanted to go with something where I could use the same batteries in all my chassis. The two chassis I chose between were the kyosho zx5 sp and the xxx-4 g+. I chose the xxx-4 and have not been dissapointed.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Th high end Yokomo buggy is several years old and as said above belt driven. Yokomo doesn,t seem to be pushing this car anymore as all the factory drivers are pretty much using the B-max4 with the hop up kits. And they are winning races with these! Which basically mean one of two things in my oppinion: 1- Yokomo drivers will be using this buggy at the worlds late this yar or 2- Yokomo is working on a new all our race buggy that they will have as a prototype just before the worlds... In the Past, Yokomo has often arrived with prototypes just before Worlds, so #2 wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Honnestly, I wouldn,t hesitate about the B-max at all, except as I said before concerning parts availability where you will be on your own for that. The buggy, with the upgrades pack, is right up there with the top, more expensive, buggies! If you want a good racer, at a lower price, this is a great choice. If price isn't an object anymore, thene there are many good choices that have been put to you! The B44 is a good one. very happy with mine and parts are easily available.

Good luck choosing!

CODMAN

Originally Posted by scribbler
I'm not very familiar with Yokomo products. Do they have an equivalant for a Factory Team B44. A product with all the upgraded bits?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I guess for me it's really down to both the ZX-5 and B44. As for yokomo, parts & support are not really available. I gather from u folks that both these cars are great and pretty comparable. Looks like i wouldn't go wrong with either one of them. Guess i just toss a coin at the hobby shop before i buy. Will let u guys what i purchase and then i will again need all you guys expertise for set ups. Appreciate it.

Thanks.

Cheers
Old 05-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I haven't used the HB but I perfered the B44 over all the other 4wd kits