Wiki Posts
Search

8th Excelorin Firmware

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Mine was in the E2.0 but the firmware wasn't up to date? Is it the firmware you mean as an update?
The ESCs that shipped in the E2.0 buggies have the latest firmware.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Well, I must have misread as I set it up, because I definitely updated mine, maybe I just overwrote with the same one!

Just to check, is the correct latest firmware F010120.LSC, because thats what I have on it now?? Can someone please confirm!?

Just ran mine for the first time on a bench, the motor really snaps* in, not a "soft" start at all, is that normal?

*Bear in mind, I have only ever run 1/10th Sensored previous, so 1/8th and sensorless are both new to me!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

That's the current one.

Some of the start-up bit may well be your radio and/or how you did the setup.

Mine crawls along pretty nicely after the very first movement. The first time the throttle is pulled after the switch is turned on is rough/choppy/abrupt (it just stutters a bit, then goes), but after that, it's just a regular-old brushless deal.

It's definitely not a 17.5 for sure...LOL...

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Well, I must have misread as I set it up, because I definitely updated mine, maybe I just overwrote with the same one!

Just to check, is the correct latest firmware F010120.LSC, because thats what I have on it now?? Can someone please confirm!?

Just ran mine for the first time on a bench, the motor really snaps* in, not a "soft" start at all, is that normal?

*Bear in mind, I have only ever run 1/10th Sensored previous, so 1/8th and sensorless are both new to me!
Old 05-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cstroh
I really like the losi 1/8 system. Mine was undriveable until i updated it to the most current version off the losi website. My only complaint is the mid air performance. It is too easy to drop the nose 90 degrees and then for some reason when you gun the throttle to bring the nose up it doesn't really help at all. The system seems to be really smooth but it can be difficult when you want to drop the nose for a landing the car over reacts and then you can't fix it. Has anyone else had this problem? I would stick with the Losi system there customer service is FANTASTIC!
Try setting your neutral deadband under the esc settings to the lowest, that seemed to solve the the delay you're talking about when you try to give it throttle when you're in the air.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Well has anyone had issues loading the setup software for the esc??? I also had issues with the download from the website. Lets just say the AVG had an issue with a file on the disk from the factory. I have been in contact with Horizon, but the phone just goes dead when I tell them my problem.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omaha_racing
Well has anyone had issues loading the setup software for the esc??? I also had issues with the download from the website. Lets just say the AVG had an issue with a file on the disk from the factory. I have been in contact with Horizon, but the phone just goes dead when I tell them my problem.
Like the website mentions AVG must be completely stopped to install the Setup (hardware drivers) software. Some do not know how to stop the services that AVG runs and for them you may fine it easier to de-install, run the setup and then re-install AVG.

Good Luck
Old 05-16-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I didnt notice that on the website. Ill have to give that a shot. But what i did notice is that after I installed someting was infecting every EXE file on my laptop. So I uninstalled the software and everything is fine.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Sylvéris

Well done, it's a good thing ! You may try this nearly. We will see your user's comments too, on this forum. I'm waiting for my ESC from repair...Only 3 runs with it !!!