Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Accidently severed wire on my Spektrum rx. fixable? >

Accidently severed wire on my Spektrum rx. fixable?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accidently severed wire on my Spektrum rx. fixable?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)
Default Accidently severed wire on my Spektrum rx. fixable?

I had it in my Slash, and I screwed down the rx box, and didn't realize it wasn't in the little groove that comes out the back. Well it cut it clean in half, and only about 1/4" is sticking out the rx. I need to get a tiny screwdriver to take the bottom of the rx off, and hopefully fix it. Does the rx wire just solder somewhere inside the rx? Should be a simple fix right?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Wire

I did the same thing to my receiver from my DX3. The wire is soldered to a circuit board in the receiver. It was actually not too hard to fix. Just be carefull you dont get any solder anywhere its not supposed to be. I even replaced the wire with a piece of wire I had lying around that was the same size and it has worked great for the last 6 months.

Terry

PS
If you aren't good at soldering dont try it. Give it to some one more experienced. I am an electrician and have had heaps of soldering experience or I wouldn't have done it myself.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Team Ash
I did the same thing to my receiver from my DX3. The wire is soldered to a circuit board in the receiver. It was actually not too hard to fix. Just be carefull you dont get any solder anywhere its not supposed to be. I even replaced the wire with a piece of wire I had lying around that was the same size and it has worked great for the last 6 months.

Terry

PS
If you aren't good at soldering dont try it. Give it to some one more experienced. I am an electrician and have had heaps of soldering experience or I wouldn't have done it myself.
I'm pretty good, I can prob make it work.