R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Aluminum SC10 parts (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/291766-aluminum-sc10-parts.html)

KidAgain 04-21-2009 10:08 PM

Aluminum SC10 parts

Are these overkill or are the carbon parts good enough.

hobbyetc.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?part_id=30599

Scroll down and their are 4 parts for the SC10's, rear arms, steering kit, rear shock tower and rear hubs.

verticalpilot 04-21-2009 10:39 PM

I would worry first about what others are breaking now. Like the chassis...
Rear a-arms usually don't break.

Rick Hohwart 04-22-2009 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by KidAgain (Post 5716058)

Scroll down and their are 4 parts for the SC10's, rear arms, steering kit, rear shock tower and rear hubs.

You don't need any of these. In fact with stiffer components like aluminum or carbon you might lose traction. I would stick with the stock parts.

TYLORD 04-22-2009 10:23 AM

Agreed. The Aluminum parts on the T4 make it stiffer, and actually cause parts to break that wouldn't normally. I have really bashed this SC10 and haven't broken a thing. I am smart when I drive, but wasn't being too cautious with this one because I ordered a lot of spares.

Just order some stock spares (bumpers, front arms) and call it a day. Will save you $ also.

sjhern 09-08-2009 01:40 PM

I would recommend a few Alum parts

I have bashed my SC10 quite a few times and have rebuilt the tranny at least 6 times now..

Alum A-arms are very nice and goods ones are very lightweight..

I have broken my second chassis and am looking for an Alum replacement now.. I Run a 8.5 brushless motor with a 5800 3s Lipo so power isnt the issue. The truck is already stiff, thats why is out performs the Traxxas Slash but it does tend to break alot easier because there is such little give.. I race indoor on carpet so thats part of my reason for so many Tranny rebuilds..

Long and Short.. Metal Diff Gears are the only way I will ever go again, Alum A-arms for sure.. Also replaced the from A-arm Camber holder to alum..

sir miles 09-08-2009 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by KidAgain (Post 5716058)

Like what youve said: Theyre overkill and carbon parts are goog enough.
We dont need aluminum parts for SC10, its just for bling factor. If you want to bling youre SC10 with performance in mind, get a FT T4 and install all the FT goods thats not in the SC10 like Threaded shocks, blue motor plate, blue turnbuckles, CVDs, the whole front bulkhead assy with steering components (theyre carbon and ballraced) blue servo mount, carbon arms front and rear, rear shock tower (with a little mod) and the front and rear aluminum bearing spacers. once all done , youve got youreself a FT SC10!