Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Invoice sent.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Nice to see some photos of other MTs. Too bad HPI can't sell the VW Beetle bodies anymore. I managed to buy one from a local hobby store before they were all sold out but wound up fitting it to a two wheel drive buggy for a pretty realistic looking Baja Bug.

On another note, has anyone had a problem with heat? This past weekend I went to a new outdoor track (Outback RC) and the motor got so hot the solder melted off one of my wires to the motor and my Shotky diode blew apart on my Novak Hammer speed control. That's the second time the solder came apart on me. Seems no air can get to the motor, especially when running the inner body. I don't wan't to leave it off. I did that once and a small rock got under the rear diff and destryod the rear pulley and belt. The armature on the 12 triple I was running is fried. I replaced it with a 14 double from another can and I'm hoping that will run a little cooler. I was geared pretty reasonably (96/17) so I'm looking at some other ways to reduce heat without giving up the inner body.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beemerfan
Nice to see some photos of other MTs. Too bad HPI can't sell the VW Beetle bodies anymore. I managed to buy one from a local hobby store before they were all sold out but wound up fitting it to a two wheel drive buggy for a pretty realistic looking Baja Bug.

On another note, has anyone had a problem with heat? This past weekend I went to a new outdoor track (Outback RC) and the motor got so hot the solder melted off one of my wires to the motor and my Shotky diode blew apart on my Novak Hammer speed control. That's the second time the solder came apart on me. Seems no air can get to the motor, especially when running the inner body. I don't wan't to leave it off. I did that once and a small rock got under the rear diff and destryod the rear pulley and belt. The armature on the 12 triple I was running is fried. I replaced it with a 14 double from another can and I'm hoping that will run a little cooler. I was geared pretty reasonably (96/17) so I'm looking at some other ways to reduce heat without giving up the inner body.
thanks for the belt paid viapaypal cant wait and yes i have been runnin into heat issues what im gonna do is fabracat a scoop on the inner body going stright to the engine and gonna put a screen over it 2 keep rocks out
Old 05-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I don't have one of these trucks, but if I could come across one I would like to try it out. Check this stuff out.

Here you go Pro-line now makes a Bug body.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Cool... new Beetle bodies! If anyone tries to fit one of these to the MT, please post your notes here. There are a few versions but the one most likely to fit looks like part number 3238-40 from the above link.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey guys,
yesterday i got my VXL3s system for the conversion. does anyone know the pitch size of the pinion required to use with the standard 52t spur gear? i thought it was 48 pitch so 1 ordered a 16t 48p pinion but it doesn't mesh with the spur. any suggestions and links where i can pick up one will be appreciated.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by prestonlal
hey guys,
yesterday i got my VXL3s system for the conversion. does anyone know the pitch size of the pinion required to use with the standard 52t spur gear? i thought it was 48 pitch so 1 ordered a 16t 48p pinion but it doesn't mesh with the spur. any suggestions and links where i can pick up one will be appreciated.
Are you converting a Nitro MT2? I think you may want to post this question in another forum specific to that truck. Although I can tell you that most nitro vehicles use 32 pitch steel pinions. If you are converting to brushless, you may want think "small" for starters. 16 teeth or smaller may be just about right.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey thanks for the reply, actually its an hpi mt that i converted to a super nitro rally. same chassis, drive train, etc. i had to replace the suspension arms, dogbones,shocks,shoc tower etc.
so now i am doing an electric conversion, but i want to use the same drive train so needed a pinion gear that will mesh correctly with the original 52t spur gear.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

here's mine from last winter. I had a blast with it in the snow. you can see a bunch of my tracks through the yard

I am running a cc sidewinder esc and a 3300kv motor. It flies, probably a little too fast, I have no trouble getting it to do cartwheels. Surprisingly I have broken very little on it even with the brushless. I have some oversized wheels/tires on it and an old beater truck body.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i just want to get mine up and running, seeing other peoples up and running makes me sad. anyone have a spare or new or used chassis?
Old 05-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by terminalpvd
i just want to get mine up and running, seeing other peoples up and running makes me sad. anyone have a spare or new or used chassis?
How badly damaged is your chassis? Do you think it might be repairable like I did to my spare in the photos on the first page of this thread?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by beemerfan

he sent u a pm on a hpi rs4 mt beetle body still in package
Old 05-19-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

here is some pics of the rs4 mt baja bug body new their crappy cell phones pics
Attached Thumbnails HPI Electric RS4 MT Support Thread!-photo-0004.jpg   HPI Electric RS4 MT Support Thread!-fffffff.jpg  
Old 05-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

there is a complete car for sale in MN, you can find it on craigslist for 150. I am still debating, as I seem to break cars alot and with this being discontinued, I do not want to sink that much into it.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by terminalpvd
there is a complete car for sale in MN, you can find it on craigslist for 150. I am still debating, as I seem to break cars alot and with this being discontinued, I do not want to sink that much into it.
i seen that one it a good deal but i own 4 complete rtr hpi rs4 mt i dont have no more room and on the good side i took my on-road rs4 mt out finally finished her WOW!!!!!that thing fly's i clocked out at 51mph on a 13turn double didnt think i could hit that but im happy as hell motor got on the hot side but not bad esc stayed cool but i do have a problem i need help with every time i brake and hit the throttle full blast i hear a clicking sound im think it the belts but they got plenty of life left and their nice and strity any suggestin????????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.