R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Traxxas Velineon VXL3 Shutting off

Vxl3 keeps shutting off
So I have had my Traxxas Velineon system in my Slash for about a month now and I was running it today bashing and all the sudden it shut off to I turned it back on and it went 3 feet and it shut off again? I have tryed 3 different batteries so I know that isnt it. whats the deal? Any help would be great.
scrapen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapen View Post
Vxl3 keeps shutting off
So I have had my Traxxas Velineon system in my Slash for about a month now and I was running it today bashing and all the sudden it shut off to I turned it back on and it went 3 feet and it shut off again? I have tryed 3 different batteries so I know that isnt it. whats the deal? Any help would be great.
it could be that your low voltage cut off it set on and you are running nihm batteries. Also if you are running lipos it could be the having thermal shutdown.
T-maxx O.S .18tm
snowboard094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Look in the manual and make sure that your LiPo Low Voltage Cutoff is off. Your LED light should be steady red when the ESC is on (that means the cutoff is off). I ran into the same thing.

On a similar note though, I just bought my Velineon and it seems like if I rolled the Slash, it would glitch and not respond to throttle inputs. I would just have to keep trying and then it would kick in. I also noticed that if I would nudge the car, it would kick in. Once it would start responding, it would work fine for a while. This was intermittent, but as I said earlier, it seemed to be happening when I rolled the truck.
paco62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paco62 View Post
Look in the manual and make sure that your LiPo Low Voltage Cutoff is off. Your LED light should be steady red when the ESC is on (that means the cutoff is off). I ran into the same thing.

On a similar note though, I just bought my Velineon and it seems like if I rolled the Slash, it would glitch and not respond to throttle inputs. I would just have to keep trying and then it would kick in. I also noticed that if I would nudge the car, it would kick in. Once it would start responding, it would work fine for a while. This was intermittent, but as I said earlier, it seemed to be happening when I rolled the truck.
By the way, as mentioned by snowboard094, don't turn of the low voltage cutoff if you are using LiPo. ONLY if you are using NimH.
paco62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #5
Tech Adept

No I checked the Low Voltage Cutoff isnt on the esc is solid red. I was told on another forum that the servo maybe bad and it may sort out and shutoff the esc. Is that far fetched? If so what is a good servo to get?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #6
Tech Adept

It was the servo shorting out so fyi if anyone else has that issue that would be the best place to start
Old 04-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

maybe you ran it too hot and it shut off because its going to melt down. like u mentioned in your other thread u did say it ran really hot.
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:10 AM   #8
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by not home View Post
maybe you ran it too hot and it shut off because its going to melt down. like u mentioned in your other thread u did say it ran really hot.
No it wasnt due to heat this was b4 it got to warm outside. I did a test after the truck has set for a couple hours so it was cool down 100% and just turned the wheels back and forth and the esc shut off everytime.

So I picked up a new stock servo and put it in and it works like a dream!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:11 AM   #9
Tech Rookie

Hi, sounds like Im having the same issues you had.

Ive only ran about 10 batteries through my slash, and now it just cuts out, at first I thought my Tx might have been flat, but even with everything fully charged my truck would just cut out.
On closer inspection and the truck up on blocks, it only ever cut out when I tried to turn (ie: used the servo) otherwise it would accelerate fine.

Ill have to pick up a spare servo and see if that fixes the problem.

Cheers
Thoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links