Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
So when is LOSI coming out wSC10 comp.... >

So when is LOSI coming out wSC10 comp....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So when is LOSI coming out wSC10 comp....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default So when is LOSI coming out wSC10 comp....

Ok,
With the the popularity of Short Course trucks in the past year exploding, ROAR making a specific class for the trucks, and LOSI largest competitor releasing a truck................where is LOSI's "SCX-T" or whatever they'd call it???
I'm a LONG time Losi loyalist (I have every electric truck they've released) have had LOTS of fun with my SLASH, but I drove a SC10 last nite and LOSI needs to release a truck.
Give me the xxx-t on a CAD program and I'll do it just strech it out, design some rims to fit the tires, and get a body designed.
I imagine it would be a RTR but LOSI needs to get on the bandwagon fast.....just ask TRAXXAS how many SLASHES they sold.
I hope LOSI doesn't let me down...............

Last edited by Matt Sunderlage; 07-05-2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My LHS said Losi and HPI are working on something, Dont know how true it is
but they are a large reputable shop here in So-Cal.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Old 04-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

I wonder what we might see at RCX next week????
Old 04-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Crawler
I wonder what we might see at RCX next week????
Once I heard Losi is there and they were having a 1/8 buggy race and try an axial crawler, I already made plans! Ill be there waiting for the Losi stand to open!

Originally Posted by trx450racer174
My LHS said Losi and HPI are working on something, Dont know how true it is
but they are a large reputable shop here in So-Cal.
Your from Moreno Valley, so PLEASE dont tell me Uncle Dons is a large reputable shop in socal. Ground Control....I will believe that.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thats what we need, a XXXT/SCT

All they need to do is streatch the chassis a little and put a SC10 body on it with some proline tires and wheels.
Done deal

and some bumpers
Old 04-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

im an ae fan butt the corr class NEEDS losi in this class its just the right thing to do. if they do one and its rtr you know it will be a good rtr.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

IMO, it's too bad that AE didn't stick with the true spirit of the Slash and make the SC10 with a lifted chassis. Not that the Slash design is like the real SC trucks... but it does add some realism to the way they handle and it makes them great for kids to run around the yard etc.

If AE and others would have copied the raised chassis, then they would ALL likely be competitive instead of breaking apart a potentially huge racing class. The way I see it now is that the Slashes will not be considered competitive so in effect we now have 2 "sct" classes, even before splitting them up into stock/spec and mod/open.

The only positive I see in the T4 based truck is that they leaped ahead of the curve should this class someday replace the current 1/10 truck class. If that happens, which would be awesome IMO... then the raised chassis design would surely go away in favor of the low cg race type chassis.

So if SCT is the future of 1/10 truck racing, then the SC10 design is perfect, and Losi and others will follow with similar trucks and this will be a serious competitive class.

The rest of the world never embraced 1/10 trucks but I could see this realistic looking truck class be a different story. Anyone want to buy my slightly used Factory Team T4?
Old 04-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

on the losi site there is a box that says new losi rtr 4-16-09. i predict either a sc10 or a rtr 8ight-t 2.0
Old 04-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CREWMAN
on the losi site there is a box that says new losi rtr 4-16-09. i predict either a sc10 or a rtr 8ight-t 2.0
I've got fingers and toes crossed for the SCX-T(or whatever they call it) !!!
Old 04-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok I'm on board with the whole race bred SC trucks.

I say we kill off the retarded looking 1/10 stadium truck class we have now, and replace with with these new realistic stadium trucks.

That way we have plenty of room for the new classes. Stock spec "Slash only" class for novice etc, regular ROAR stock class with 17.5 or 13.5 and slash type tire treads, and then full mod/open class where you can run mod motors and the race treads like the new Jconcepts Goosebumps.

Let the current 1/10 truck class die.

Who is with me?
Old 04-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CREWMAN
Dont know how it could be an 8ight-t 2.0 RTR. Those tires dont look like a 1/8 truggy. Definitly looks like a CORR truck. For some reason the first thing that hit my eye was a 4wd 1/10 buggy...then I seen RTR.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by glassdoctor

I say we kill off the retarded looking 1/10 stadium truck class we have now, and replace with with these new realistic stadium trucks.

That way we have plenty of room for the new classes. Stock spec "Slash only" class for novice etc, regular ROAR stock class with 17.5 or 13.5 and slash type tire treads, and then full mod/open class where you can run mod motors and the race treads like the new Jconcepts Goosebumps.

Who is with me?

The SLASH Class at my local track, S&N'S TRACKSIDE, has been the largest class for most of the offroad season (Sept-April).
Old 04-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
Dont know how it could be an 8ight-t 2.0 RTR. Those tires dont look like a 1/8 truggy. Definitly looks like a CORR truck. For some reason the first thing that hit my eye was a 4wd 1/10 buggy...then I seen RTR.
i had the complete opposite impresion. in that picture the tire has nobodu near it. that means that its probably not a corr truck. id put my money on the 8ight-t or another stupid speedt or desert truck now that i look at it close
Old 04-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glassdoctor

Who is with me?
This is like saying, let's dish profesional golf and play competitive miniature golf....

Stadium Truck, Buggies, and 4wd classes aren't going anywhere, it's like getting rid of NASCAR and replacing it with bumper cars....

Although, I must say, Those SC trucks are a whole lotta fun...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.