Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Planet pulls a fast one on my SC10

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)
Default R/C Planet pulls a fast one on my SC10

Wow…so I order my SC10 from R/C Planet last night, it said the truck was in-stock and ready to go. Then this morning I get this email…

"Thank you for shopping at rcplanet.com, your order is now being processed. Your expected ship date based on product availability is (8-Apr-2009). Please contact our Sales Department ([email protected] - 866-787-5487 - 9AM to 5PM MST) if this expected ship date does not meet your delivery requirements"
I mean, it’s only 2 days, but that’s pretty slick of them to list it as “in stock” and then let you know WHEN it’s coming in after they get your money. I mean, don’t MOST online sites have live inventory, so the second something is out of stock, even if it was ordered at 2AM, reflects as such? Man I’m gonna be aggravated if it doesn’t ship out on the 8th.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe they sold out between the time you started your order and when you finished.

It could happen when there is a great demand for a hard-to-get product.

Or maybe they just like to sucker people.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraigV
Maybe they sold out between the time you started your order and when you finished.

It could happen when there is a great demand for a hard-to-get product.

Or maybe they just like to sucker people.
I think I'm just a douchebag.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdyt13
I think I'm just a douchebag.
Don't be so tough on yourself; I'm sure you're a swell guy. On serious note, good luck with your truck. There were several guys with them at an offroad track in Nashville last Friday. None of them were ready to run, but one guy did have his complete minus electronics. It's nice piece of kit and I'll be buying one soon.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by richard.bratton
Don't be so tough on yourself; I'm sure you're a swell guy. On serious note, good luck with your truck. There were several guys with them at an offroad track in Nashville last Friday. None of them were ready to run, but one guy did have his complete minus electronics. It's nice piece of kit and I'll be buying one soon.
LOL, I was just kidding, in all honesty, I am the man.

Anyhow, I mean, I’m just sorta bummed, cuz most places have live inventory, so if I order my SC10 at 2AM, and there was only 1 left, if a guy tries to order one 30 minutes later, it is labeled out of stock.

Know what I’m sayin?
Old 04-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Did you contact R/C Planet about this or just post here?

Just asking a question!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Yeah I contacted them. He said it will go out Wednesday. They have 10 that came in this morning, but all were sold. Wednesday, they have 15 coming in, 12 are sold, and mine is one of those 12.

So,

R/C PLANET WILL HAVE 3 SC10's WEDNESDAY MORNING. THEY OPEN AT 9AM Mountain Time.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Well dude you have to realize that you placed your order on a weekend, most places aren't open on the weekends and on Friday at 5PM they may have had... we'll say 5 in stock and if 5 people placed orders before you now your number 1 on the backorder list.

Just think you have to wait 2 more days
Old 04-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If anyone wants one now, hobbypeople.net has them in stock for 175 less the 20 coupon so $155 + shipping.

Not bad
Old 04-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by abailey21
Well dude you have to realize that you placed your order on a weekend, most places aren't open on the weekends and on Friday at 5PM they may have had... we'll say 5 in stock and if 5 people placed orders before you now your number 1 on the backorder list.

Just think you have to wait 2 more days
x1
Everyone always wants to believe that because a website is running that the place is open 24/7, but the reality is that most place the live inventory is only accurate during daylight hours when people are there working and packing and shipping. In many cases inventory numbers don't change until an order is processed by a live person.

What wasn't "too slick" was ordering on the weekend, so chaulk up the 2 extra days as your bad.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

TowerHobbies says they have some...
Old 04-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh crap! I just ordered one last night and missed the coupon at Hobby People. What's the deal? I didn't notice the coupon listed anywhere.

EDIT: Did thie coupon on the home page just go up today? I swear I didn't see that last night.

Originally Posted by 04DarkShadowGT
If anyone wants one now, hobbypeople.net has them in stock for 175 less the 20 coupon so $155 + shipping.

Not bad
Old 04-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lightin'
x1
Everyone always wants to believe that because a website is running that the place is open 24/7, but the reality is that most place the live inventory is only accurate during daylight hours when people are there working and packing and shipping. In many cases inventory numbers don't change until an order is processed by a live person.

What wasn't "too slick" was ordering on the weekend, so chaulk up the 2 extra days as your bad.

Honestly, I really wasnt that upset, just a little bummed. Didnt know it woul ilicit such a strong response from the peanut gallery. You and I are talking about apples and oranges. "Live inventory" is just that. It doesnt matter when the order is placed, the computer recognizes it and it reflects in their system.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdyt13
"Live inventory" is just that. It doesnt matter when the order is placed, the computer recognizes it and it reflects in their system.
So you know this as fact how? One of life's simple lessons = "Just because you think something should work that way doesn't mean it actually does."
Old 04-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Qfactor
Oh crap! I just ordered one last night and missed the coupon at Hobby People. What's the deal? I didn't notice the coupon listed anywhere.

EDIT: Did thie coupon on the home page just go up today? I swear I didn't see that last night.
Yet another reason not to order stuff on the weekends, websites are routinely updated during weekly/workday hours and oftentimes on Mondays.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.