Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Planet pulls a fast one on my SC10

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Lightin'
So you know this as fact how? One of life's simple lessons = "Just because you think something should work that way doesn't mean it actually does."
Well considering I've been playing music for 13 years and ordered gear from the same website for years that had what I'm referring to, I base my opinion.

Is it THAT unheard of for a website to have actual live inventory? I mean, after all, we did send a guy to the moon, and manage to teach monkeys to drive.

Big deal fellas.

And just because you have yours already...don't piss in my cheerios

Speaking of which, you finished building?
Old 04-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdyt13
Well considering I've been playing music for 13 years and ordered gear from the same website for years that had what I'm referring to, I base my opinion.

Is it THAT unheard of for a website to have actual live inventory? I mean, after all, we did send a guy to the moon, and manage to teach monkeys to drive.

Big deal fellas.

And just because you have yours already...don't piss in my cheerios

Speaking of which, you finished building?
On-line live ordering off the web and 13 years? Yeah I don't think the math works on that one. It's only just 2010.

Live inventory = You log on and it says they have so many in stock, at the moment you logged on, meanwhile since a ba-zillion on the planet are also online at the same monent and 8 or 10 pressed the "PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW" button before you did means your order got processed into the system after the others. Bingo, you are on backoder. Everybody that has ordered enough RC goodies has had it happen.

So anyway, yes I finished building and painting the truck on Saturday and ran it yesterday. It's awesome. 17.5 is fine for the small 1/10 track I ran, but I can see bolting a 13.5 or 10.5 for larger tracks, like if I run it at a 1/8th scale layout.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

On-line live ordering off the web and 13 years? Yeah I don't think the math works on that one. It's only just 2010.

Live inventory = You log on and it says they have so many in stock, at the moment you logged on, meanwhile since a ba-zillion on the planet are also online at the same monent and 8 or 10 pressed the "PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW" button before you did means your order got processed into the system after the others. Bingo, you are on backoder. Everybody that has ordered enough RC goodies has had it happen.

So anyway, yes I finished building and painting the truck on Saturday and ran it yesterday. It's awesome. 17.5 is fine for the small 1/10 track I ran, but I can see bolting a 13.5 or 10.5 for larger tracks, like if I run it at a 1/8th scale layout.
You know what I meant….I didn’t mean I’ve been ordering online for 13 years. Humor me.

Secondly, I know the SC10 is a hot item, but I wouldn’t go so far as to picture someone speeding home from work doing 90mph to get home to place an order….(but then again…*cough*)

So it runs good eh? I LOVED my Slash, I liked the feel of it, and the realism it had. Granted that the SC10 is based off of the T4, I am curious as to how much “Slash” feel it has. The T4 wasn’t exactly known to handle and look like a “scale” truck. So with that being said, does it have ANY of that Slash “charm” to it? I have no idea what setup I want to put in it in terms of motor. I may just go with an LRP 9.5 brushless/2 cell lipo and see how that holds up. That is pretty much what I run in my B4/T4, and it hauls ass.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Suspended

You know what I meant….I didn’t mean I’ve been ordering online for 13 years. Humor me.
I'll just leave it as why I never order stuff on the weekend.

Secondly, I know the SC10 is a hot item, but I wouldn’t go so far as to picture someone speeding home from work doing 90mph to get home to place an order….(but then again…*cough*)
Then I suppose you weren't on here Friday and saw of the boys a'buzzin?

So it runs good eh? I LOVED my Slash, I liked the feel of it, and the realism it had. Granted that the SC10 is based off of the T4, I am curious as to how much “Slash” feel it has. The T4 wasn’t exactly known to handle and look like a “scale” truck. So with that being said, does it have ANY of that Slash “charm” to it? I have no idea what setup I want to put in it in terms of motor. I may just go with an LRP 9.5 brushless/2 cell lipo and see how that holds up. That is pretty much what I run in my B4/T4, and it hauls ass.
It has CORR truck charm, that is for sure. I know the SC10 doesn't have as much dump-truck-ish feel driving it. A 9.5 might be fine running your B4/T4, but I think you'll be unhappy with it without the available traction of pinspikes or fuzzies IMO.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

I'll just leave it as why I never order stuff on the weekend.

Then I suppose you weren't on here Friday and saw of the boys a'buzzin?

It has CORR truck charm, that is for sure. I know the SC10 doesn't have as much dump-truck-ish feel driving it. A 9.5 might be fine running your B4/T4, but I think you'll be unhappy with it without the available traction of pinspikes or fuzzies IMO.
Well I'll be running it in a mod slash class, so technically I can put whatever I want on it. But then again, I really like the cool "corr" tires. How are the ProLine switch tires? Any good? I heard if you groove them, (cut a chunk out of every other nub on the tire), they hook up way better.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I won't give RCplanet another dime, had too many problems in the past with them saying something was in stock, and then turns out it wasn't. One such example, I ordered some 1/8th parts for the weekend on a Thursday from them (overnight shipping), and again said it was in stock, but turns out they had to pull the parts from a warehouse, but instead of drop shipping it to me, they sent the parts to themselves first, and then overnighted it to me the next week! I called them and complained that they have no clue what overnight means, followed up by a email to customer service. Never did get a reply back saying sorry for the screw up, or anything (I was rather polite). My impression is that once they get your $$ they could care less about the customer.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I almost orderd an SC10 today but I am going to wait until the losi version comes out. Plus, I just bought a DX3S radio today.

www.ultimatehobbies.com showed them as "in stock" FYI.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 04DarkShadowGT
If anyone wants one now, hobbypeople.net has them in stock for 175 less the 20 coupon so $155 + shipping.

Not bad
I wish I hadn't seen this... now I have an SC10 on the way! Thanks for posting that. I'm looking forward to racing it; since there is no class for them I'll just race one of the three qualifiers in 2WD truck class with it, alternating between it and my T4.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 04DarkShadowGT
If anyone wants one now, hobbypeople.net has them in stock for 175 less the 20 coupon so $155 + shipping.

Not bad
Thanks for the info...placed an order for one. $162.98 shipped!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Wow…so I order my SC10 from R/C Planet last night, it said the truck was in-stock and ready to go. Then this morning I get this email…

"Thank you for shopping at rcplanet.com, your order is now being processed. Your expected ship date based on product availability is (8-Apr-2009). Please contact our Sales Department ([email protected] - 866-787-5487 - 9AM to 5PM MST) if this expected ship date does not meet your delivery requirements"
I mean, it’s only 2 days, but that’s pretty slick of them to list it as “in stock” and then let you know WHEN it’s coming in after they get your money. I mean, don’t MOST online sites have live inventory, so the second something is out of stock, even if it was ordered at 2AM, reflects as such? Man I’m gonna be aggravated if it doesn’t ship out on the 8th.
Same thing happened to me. I got tired of being jacked around by A-Main hobbies so I ordered from RC Planet for the same reason you did. I sent them an email to voice my displeasure. I ordered it Friday afternoon and it said "In Stock". Then today they tell me it will go out on 4/8, six days after I ordered it. What a crock. This is the absolute last time I will ever order a hot item online. Next time, I will just buy it at the local store.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by blade329
Same thing happened to me. I got tired of being jacked around by A-Main hobbies so I ordered from RC Planet for the same reason you did. I sent them an email to voice my displeasure. I ordered it Friday afternoon and it said "In Stock". Then today they tell me it will go out on 4/8, six days after I ordered it. What a crock. This is the absolute last time I will ever order a hot item online. Next time, I will just buy it at the local store.
Yeah it sorta defeats the purpose of me paying the extra $40 for 2 day shipping on a Monday if I dont get it until Friday/Saturday, ya know?
Old 04-07-2009, 06:08 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by blade329
Chances are unless you one of the ones to place a "pre-order" that you missed out on the first batch. Ordering any hot item after its out, thinking you'll be first out the door, has its risks.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Chances are unless you one of the ones to place a "pre-order" that you missed out on the first batch. Ordering any hot item after its out, thinking you'll be first out the door, has its risks.
I can understand and agree with that.

Doesn't mean I have to like it so allow to bitch and complain until our SC10's show up
Old 04-07-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm with you Cap'n. Plenty of companies have live inventory on their website. It should not matter when you order your product...2:00 AM on Sunday or 3:00 PM on Wednesday. It's the internet for God's sake. The whole point is a 24/7 marketplace. RCPlanet has probably not spent the coin to hook their website into their inventory system. To see an example of a true live inventory, check out amainhobbies.com. If I choose three of the same part, and only two are available, it tells me immediately. In the shopping cart there is a note next to the part that says only two can ship immediately, the other is backordered. When a company says something is in stock, it should be in stock for you. Simple as that.

On a side note, you could have very easily been ordering from the web 13 years ago. It was 1996. Of course not all stores had a web presence but there were plenty of e-commerce websites out there by then. Just because you didn't have the internet, Lightnin', does mean it didn't exist. I have been surfin the web since 1989 starting out with good old Prodigy which had plenty of online shopping.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Suspended

Doesn't mean I have to like it so allow to bitch and complain until our SC10's show up
Not saying you have to like it, I just think a little more understanding for the retailers is in order. Maybe your gripe should be with AE since they might have been a little slow in shipping out orders, since the stores can only go by what they were told.

There was another company that was supposed to have a SCT out in February, I won't name names , and they still haven't reached retailers. Now THAT's worth getting angry over since they're now two plus months in arrears of meeting their target while creating a lot of buzz and totally missing the mark.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.