Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated 1/8 Electric Buggy Info and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Less noise and less wear on the pinion, mainly. But now I have the RCM Slipperential, and the metal spur isn't much louder than the plastic one was.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MustGoFaster
Rick, thank you for the feedback on the Silverstate race.

What setup was the team running with?
I'm interested in the diff weights specifically any additional information is appreciated.

Thanks
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Thanks for the report, Rick. The Team setup for the RC8e would be appreciated. Of Course, until the new f/r shock towers are available to us, the setups are probably not of much use to us right now.
I ran 5-5-3 diff fluid which I think was OK. To be honest, I did not like my car all that much even though I finished well. I started with 10 hole 1.1mm pistons all around with 25wt and bronze F and black R springs. I left the front shocks the same and tried 6 hole 1.4mm pistons in the rear with the same springs and thought the car was better. This was with the new towers.

Before this race I had been using the "Worlds" nitro setup and I think that was very good and I probably should have switched back to it.

Maifield just won the Neo-buggy electric class so I will try and get his setup posted on the website.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm looking for an rc8e. I allready have an sc8 nitro.

The only thing I doubt about are the driving times on a 4s lipo. With my sc8, after 5minutes racing, my tank is allmost empty. If I buy a rc8e then have to be the driving times at least 15minutes! But is this possible? I'm happy if he is as fast as a nitro byggy, he don't need to be super fast, but he have to drive a long time on 1lipo.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NielsVV

The only thing I doubt about are the driving times on a 4s lipo. With my sc8, after 5minutes racing, my tank is allmost empty. If I buy a rc8e then have to be the driving times at least 15minutes! But is this possible? I'm happy if he is as fast as a nitro byggy, he don't need to be super fast, but he have to drive a long time on 1lipo.
Anything is possible. With A 4S 5000mAh LiPo, 15 minutes is attainable.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NielsVV

Depends on your track and driving style. It is certainly doable on a 4s 5000 pack, but it can be hit or miss if your track is very big with large straights. If you are bashing 15 minutes is no problem. Actually racing a 15 minute main will probably require a 4s 6000 pack or you will need to consider going to a 5s 4000 setup with a lower kv motor (< 2000kv).
Old 04-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Initiate

i have a factry team rc 8 on back order and a tekin rx8 speedo at this point im up in the air on a conversion kit i help would be great
Old 04-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just installed a tekno kit on a sc8, it went together well but I have yet to race it. I'm waiting on their lektron motor to get it running.What would be the best esc to run?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

If you can wait the tekin RX8 or if not the Mamba Monster.

The two best conversion set out now are the RC-Monster full chassis set and the Tekno-RC V3 set.

they both give you a new electro specific chassis that make's way better balance the a nitro chassis.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

Maifield just won the Neo-buggy electric class so I will try and get his setup posted on the website.

Thanks Rick,

That is great news to see Ryan do so well with the RC8e. I checked out Oople.com and saw his report of the race. I am looking forward to the new LRP 1/8 BL system.

I will be in line for that system for sure.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated 1/8 Electric Buggy Info and Tips-oop_0414.jpg   Team Associated 1/8 Electric Buggy Info and Tips-oop_0418.jpg  
Old 04-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I am hoping that LRPs system does not rely at all on the fan for normal use. Maybe hot weather usage.

For the AE Reps, what are you thoughts on mechanical brake bias versus the current ESC braking we are doing ?

Is it possible to replicate braking bias by using some sort of a oneway clicker setup (ala XX4) so you could dial in how much braking force the front sees versus the rear?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

LRP has always relied on fan usage on their competition speedos. The TC-Spec 1/10th scale Sphere speedo (which is identical on the outside and in dimensions to their prototype 1/8th scale version) has the heatsink build into the electric gismos inside the speedo. The heat is transfered to the heatsink but needs to be carried away, hence the fan. Remove the fan and the speedo will overheat with 99% curtainty. Thats been the case with all their 1/10th speedos over the years.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I am hoping that LRPs system does not rely at all on the fan for normal use. Maybe hot weather usage.
With that small size, I am betting that it relies heavily on that fan working.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kufman
With that small size, I am betting that it relies heavily on that fan working.
I hope that isn't the case. Fan's don't ususally last long under the abuse that 1/8 scale dishes out. I ran all summer last year with my MMM and no fan and it would regularly come off at 160 degrees or so in 90 degree weather on a big track after 15 minute mains. The fan's are nice, but these ESCs shouldn't be totally dependent upon them.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I have been running the LRP TC Spec for the past 4 months with no problem. I have it wired up to a Novak 6.5 motor. I race on a smaller 10th scale track. (100x65). This setup has worked flawless. With the fan on...temps were 85 degrees after a 7 minute main. When the fan was off...temps were 140-150 after a 7 min. main. Motor temps were about 130.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
.temps were 140-150 after a 7 min. main. Motor temps were about 130.
Sounds like it is good for a 7 minute race, maybe 10 without the fan. 15 would most likely be a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.