Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Caster Racing F8T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks to some help of other and the F8t threads I am almost done rebuilding a used truggy I got. Will post pics tonight. Have a question though. Has anyone had anyissues with the spiral cut gears from the older truggy. I have a set of both and the spirals are in better shape so I am going to run those for now and see if there is any difference. Also I am running the following diff oil 7 - 10 - 3 and 500 ft and 400rear for shocks
I am installing a hobbywing 150a esc with 4168 pro motor ...will see how it does this weekend at rattlesnake.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kinetisist
Thanks to some help of other and the F8t threads I am almost done rebuilding a used truggy I got. Will post pics tonight. Have a question though. Has anyone had anyissues with the spiral cut gears from the older truggy. I have a set of both and the spirals are in better shape so I am going to run those for now and see if there is any difference. Also I am running the following diff oil 7 - 10 - 3 and 500 ft and 400rear for shocks
I am installing a hobbywing 150a esc with 4168 pro motor ...will see how it does this weekend at rattlesnake.
rattlesnake raceway, CA? The newer trucks have the heli cut gears and no problems with either BUT they are not the same gear ratio ..
Old 03-31-2014, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bring it on
rattlesnake raceway, CA? The newer trucks have the heli cut gears and no problems with either BUT they are not the same gear ratio ..
OK so I have it backwards on the gears? the bevel/helical are the newer?

And yes on Rattlesnake. I will be there this Saturday for race day if the weather is good.
I am also in the process of building a Rapture...looking forward to that one getting done.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kinetisist
OK so I have it backwards on the gears? the bevel/helical are the newer?

And yes on Rattlesnake. I will be there this Saturday for race day if the weather is good.
I am also in the process of building a Rapture...looking forward to that one getting done.
yes correct and very cool, I didn't know there was any Caster truggy in northern CA
Old 03-31-2014, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

I got it from Tom at ThumbRC .. I also picked up a parts bos from another RCtechy with a ton of buggy and truggy parts and have managed a great build. Will post pics later tonight on my page.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Gonna have a little fun with this oldie but brand new. Built this K8T from 2 last generation front and rear suspension assemblies Caster had as leftovers sitting around and sent to me with all my E-buggy inventory for the new caster buggy at casterracingrc.com. Used a New Cnc lightened K8T nitro chassis I still had here and New Caster ETO 821 E-buggy radio tray and servo receiver box with an ETO821 center diff. Got it all finished and ready to race! Found some of my old K8T setup info I had years ago in this thread and copied what I could to this Truggy. Got it on a Hudy setup station and hopefully it's dialed.

frewster likes this.