Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Caster Racing F8T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
Closer to the MBX5. I actually am not familiar enough with the MBX6 to know how they compare, but the 6 is a new car so I assume there is a lot of changes from the 5 besides the narrow guards and body.
I compared parts last winter with my F8T and a MBX6 and the arms on the F8T are shorter. So swapping MBX6 parts to an F8T won't work.

It's a great rig though very fast and tough.

Jason
Old 08-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Ya it looks like a MBX5 Clone. After the Kyosho MP7 was replaced some company cloned that one too. Good model to build behind but the texture of the plastic and metal does not look up to par. Mugen quality plastics and metals are known for their durability. Heck thats why I'm on year 7 of my MBX5, nothing friggen brakes only wears out over time. Only thing that eerks me about this set up is the motor is very heavy and this will be lopsided in weight
Old 08-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jasonwipf
Ya it looks like a MBX5 Clone. After the Kyosho MP7 was replaced some company cloned that one too. Good model to build behind but the texture of the plastic and metal does not look up to par. Mugen quality plastics and metals are known for their durability. Heck thats why I'm on year 7 of my MBX5, nothing friggen brakes only wears out over time. Only thing that eerks me about this set up is the motor is very heavy and this will be lopsided in weight
The texture of the plastic and the metal doesn't look up to par?????? Are you kidding me your making assumptions based off of looking at pictures? Wow!! I can attest for the durability of these things and they are as strong if not stronger than other kit's on the market. Not to mention with a CC 2200 system it very well balanced. The F8T is one of my fav's to drive in my collection of Ground based RC stuff.

Jason
Old 08-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasonwipf
I kinda think the plastic looks fast....LOLOL
Old 08-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I love mine so far, So much easier to drive than my Losi 8T 1.0

Last edited by R-E-A-P-E-R-; 12-01-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps
The texture of the plastic and the metal doesn't look up to par?????? Are you kidding me your making assumptions based off of looking at pictures? Wow!! I can attest for the durability of these things and they are as strong if not stronger than other kit's on the market. Not to mention with a CC 2200 system it very well balanced. The F8T is one of my fav's to drive in my collection of Ground based RC stuff.

Jason
+1 The plastic and metal on the F8T(and K8T nitro) is just as good as about anything else on the market. The last thing I worry about on my truck is if I am going to break an arm or bend a shock tower. Extremely durable. Matter of fact this weekend I had a racer jump into my lane at the end of a straight running another well known brand and I destroyed the front of his truck (about $75+ damage) and all I had was a broken shock shaft, finished my qual. He sold his truck that day at the track as a parts truck to another guy running the same thing. Felt bad for the guy, really.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know if there is any chassis skid plates for this truggy.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I use De Racing Skid Plates for MBX5 for mine. Fits fine.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here are some vids of the Caster F8T kicking some but against the comp....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRAjZTmmry0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcN3N...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-GX6...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iJmj9GmmY8
Old 04-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Let's get this thread going again. I've had my F8T since last August, accumulated all the running gear over the winter, and just got it setup and running this past week. I am amazed with the performance. Getting ready to put my E-Revo up for sale because I only see it collecting dust now!

Running the F8T, full Diggity Designs carbon fiber, RCM Slipperential, Mamba Monster, CC/Neu 2200kv, Turnigy HV767 Titanium servo, Castle BEC, and two 5000mah 2S 30C Flightmax hardcase packs. Geared 52/13 for 40mph.

The setup is working great so far. Motor at 110F, fan on the Monster never turns on, and the lipos stay between 90-100F. The HV767 servo has also been impressive, at 7.4V the speed is outstanding, good alternative to the 7955TG Hitec for close to half the price. I've only been able to bash in the park so far, but should be able to make it to a track in the next week or two. Can't wait to get this thing up in the air!

Old 04-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

You need to enter that in the Caster Photo contest
Old 04-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Tech Master

Mine

Old 04-04-2010, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sweet! You guys make me want to ret a Caster Truggy.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Wish I could take credit for the body, but I don't know who did it actually. Damon, or someone who paints for him? Glad I got that picture, because a few days after the body shattered in the front, old style brittle body. Too bad...
Old 04-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Yeah I had that happen to me on my first one. I am glad I didnt spent too much time on it. The Kyosho STRR body basicly the same if you like the way it looks. And JC makes a Heavy Duty Version which is what I am currently running. Great quality.

You should still enter it in the photo contest. Great lookin lid

Send your picks here

[email protected]

Tread here

http://casterracingusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2483

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.