Wiki Posts
Search

Zippy Flightmax?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default Zippy Flightmax?

Hey guys I am thinking about getting these batterys. Are these good cells to get? The price is great but is it good quality!Link:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...0mAh_6S1P_30C_

All responses greatly appreciated
Old 04-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

They are very good cells for the money. Good luck getting them. They have been on backorder for months.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobbieS
They are very good cells for the money. Good luck getting them. They have been on backorder for months.
What Robbie said. I use a 4s in my RC8 and havent had one complaint.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Its says they'll be in stock at early-mid april. Sorry for the newbie question I am new to this but from a online store thing but if I order now i'll get them in mid april. correct?

Thanks for the quick responses
Old 04-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxair45
Its says they'll be in stock at early-mid april. Sorry for the newbie question I am new to this but from a online store thing but if I order now i'll get them in mid april. correct?

Thanks for the quick responses
They have changed the date several times at this point. Dont bet on anything.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Or....
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...0C_Lipoly_Pack
This is instock and looks pretty nice. Its a zippy so this is a good quality pack i'm assuming...
Old 04-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just order and pay for what you want. They ship out when they get the batteries in stock and go down the waiting list. I waited about a month on some 7.4V car packs.
I really like there packs. Never had any problems. I am a big fan of them.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...os-smoked.html

might want to check this thread out before buying a zippy pack.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

The 5s 5000mah flightmax pack I have is the best pack I have ever owned. Long reliable run times and stays perfectly balanced. If anything underrated specs. The Neu batteries are pretty good as well. The zippy packs are trouble free. Do not listen the propoganda , why do you think they are on back order!?
Old 04-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thopper
The 5s 5000mah flightmax pack I have is the best pack I have ever owned. Long reliable run times and stays perfectly balanced. If anything underrated specs. The Neu batteries are pretty good as well. The zippy packs are trouble free. Do not listen the propoganda , why do you think they are on back order!?
Because they are cheap.........

http://www.flydma.com/index.php?cPath=17_18

check out NEU. The best bats you can buy. They are also cheap but not cheaply built.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Originally Posted by snowboard094
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...os-smoked.html

might want to check this thread out before buying a zippy pack.
That title could also use "+stupd people" in it.

I've seen some "company" guys on hear blowing a lot of smoke up peoples you know what regarding amp draw, current ratings, and a lot of other things along this line.

There is nothing wrong with the zippy packs or any other packs as long as you pay attention to what you are doing.

To the OP;

You are not asking a stupid question but as Jubal said, just because the date says mid-April now doesn't mean it will happen then. They can easily change that date to mid-May or later. You coiuld also look at Neu packs or SMC packs. Not sure if the SMC are available yet.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default rhino by zippy

I'm so new to the big brushless thing and all but I'm running a split 5s rhino 4900 on my mamba monster/2200kv savage conversion and the batteries don't even get warm the motor gets what i call warm probably 110deg. tops and they seem to have a good punch to them.I'm running a 15tooth/47tooth gearing locked in second,should I be worried?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

These batteries perform great for the money. I bought two of them when I first switched to lipo.

That being said, they are the biggest pieces of shit on the planet. Of my two batteries they worked great for a month or two.

Then one day in qualifying, one of the packs would suddenly lose power, like it was running on one cell, then it would come back, then go away.

Being that if you send it back to hobbycity you have to pay shipping (as much as the pack cost to begin with), I decided to crack it open and see if a solder joint broke.

What I found was it looked like it had been soldered by a 2 year old...absolutely terrible. When I went to re-solder everything I found that I couldn't get solder to stick on anything in there to save my life, which is probably why the joints have so much trouble to begin with.

My other pack lasted a while longer, then had a connection break problem last week.

If they get the (glaring) quality issues fixed up, these are great cells.

Oh, the other issue, they come with an immitation deans connector that is absolute garbage. When fully connected, you could have no continuity across the connection, ridiculous, so I used a real deans on it.

I now use SMC, and Orion packs.

Lastly, read the reviews on hobbycity, look at how many people had them fail completely. All of my friends who bought them had all of theirs die within a month or so.

EDIT - Whoops, I thought you mean the 4000 mah 2S hardcase lipos.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I have been using hobby city packs, zippy, for some time now. I have had one cell go bad on me from 3 to 4 months of continuous use, every week. I could have been my fault tho, maybe i over discharged one of the cells. No sure tho. But my other zippy packs have been flawless. If zippy have the lipo spec I am looking for, zippy will be my first choice by far. Like thopper said, do not listen to the jargon. zippy makes really good packs.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Zippy has its flaws with their packs. I would stick to well known brands like NUE and SMC etc.... You don't see threads saying SMC+mamba monster=smoked. Or NUE+mamba monster=smoked. Thats just my opinion. As you can see everybody had battery opinions. Its whatever works for you man.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.